Factory ATS turbo: How much to turn up IP?

Reaction score
Soon, I will be installing a wastegated factory ATS system, my truck is stock from ford, noone has messed with the injector pump at all. When I turn up the fuel, where is a good place to start?

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
Soon, I will be installing a wastegated factory ATS system, my truck is stock from ford, noone has messed with the injector pump at all. When I turn up the fuel, where is a good place to start?

about 1 flat at a time, till your happy and you EGT gauge says WHOA!

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Usually when Banks installs a turbo they say one or two flats of the allen wrench. As posted above, turn it up till you see black smoke or high exhaust temps but... You really need to have a pyro and boost gauge before any fuel is turned up. Otherwise it will be like hauling a heavy load up a long 8 % grade without a coolant temp gauge..:eek: How will you know whats going on with the motor... Its just not safe to do things like turning up the fuel with no way of knowing how hot the exhaust is...:D

87crewdually

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also I recommend tuning it to your usual loads if you tow. The boost and EGT's act differently when your really using the truck with weight behind it.
For instance unloaded driving hard I can barely get to 900* but put a load behind it and it will ride the 1150* mark on grade. Also boost, unloaded from a standstill, pedal to the floor I'll get 12-13psi. Put a load behind it and 15+ is the norm.