F350 Quad-Cab dually 7.3PSD 4x4 build

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
How big of a tire can you put on a stock 16" F350 dually rim?...31"x10.5" or 33's? Also the same question for the stock 8 bolt regular style rim. I'm starting to build a 1996 F350 crew cab diesel 4x4 (2wd to 4wd conversion) but I'm trying to decide on wether to go dually or not. I don't offroad much, mostly will use my truck for a daily driver, towing a car trailer, hauling firewood and landscaping type materials....But I still want to lift it atleast 4" and make it agressive looking. I have a donor 89 F350 dually 4x4 for parts so I can go either way.

My next question has to do with hubs, the 89 donor Dana 60 front axle has dually hubs on it...It was built with 8R-19.5" tires Will a regular 8 bolt wheel fit on it and if so how much wider would the track be versus the regular 8 bolt Dana 60 hub?

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

Here's what I have for an axle. The truck was a service rig on the railway. Single wheels on the rear would be cheaper for now to get this thing on the road as I have 4 decent tires for it from the van. I can make it a dually later when I scrounge up some dually fenders, 16" rims and better rubber....I had 7 dually rims and sold them like an idiot in the spring....DUOH!!!!cookoo

Man, your rig is sharp....Pretty much what I want to build out of this old pig. I'll have some pics of the truck today as I'm headed for the shop to start pulling the engine out of the van.

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
Here's the new 1996 F350 project pig....Not pretty now but it will look better over time. I spent 4hrs getting the 7.3 ready to come out of the van. It's ready to come out, I just need to gear something up for the cherry picker to lift it out....No friggin room in there....LOL...Are the fuel lines that run up the front of the engine expensive? I may need to buy some new ones.

Here's the engine donor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dieselmainiac

Members online