Ex Wife- my LONG term build

aggiediesel01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
then I can see a shiny set of Alcoas arriving at my house

I don't know about alcoas but a yard not far from where I am has a set of 4 eagle alloys in pretty decent condition. Obviously not this shiny anymore but this is what they are. At least one center cap is there, that's how I know they're eagle, but I don't remember if they all are. If you want to know more about them I can inquire next time I'm there. 16"x6" I'm pretty sure and they are 8 on 6.5" because they are still on a '96 they have there in the yard.

You must be registered for see images attach

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I don't know about alcoas but a yard not far from where I am has a set of 4 eagle alloys in pretty decent condition. Obviously not this shiny anymore but this is what they are. At least one center cap is there, that's how I know they're eagle, but I don't remember if they all are. If you want to know more about them I can inquire next time I'm there. 16"x6" I'm pretty sure and they are 8 on 6.5" because they are still on a '96 they have there in the yard.

Oh please do. I'm planning to be in San Antonio in two or three weeks. That's closer to Houston than my house is.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I have thinking that she's been looking a little bit fat around the rear end so today I put her on a SERIOUS diet. Now she looks pretty funny without her wide hips. The story is that my boss has a "body shop". I'm just not as convinced as everyone else is on that part. For part of our Christmas bonus, he likes to give "funny money", Monopoly money, whatever we call it. It's paper that's supposed to spend just like money in this little town of about 500 people. It really doesn't. You can't pay your water bill to the City. You also can't use it to make a payment to the banks. If you go to the grocery store and spend $16, you won't get any change back from a $20. It's just gone. So it really doesn't spend just like real money. I really hate it so I usually make him get something for me to spend it all. This year, to be different, I decided to have him do some fiberglass repairs on my dually fenders. I had a neighbor come over and help me take them off so I could bring them into work in the morning. There's nothing major wrong with them. Just one crack and a few spots on the bottoms where some fiberglass is missing. My boss doesn't do nearly as bad with fiberglass repair as he does with painting. I am going to have him throw some paint on the fenders after he gets done with them. it doesn't have to match perfectly, I just want it to be close. The black spots in the light blue color aren't holes, just places where the paint's chipped off.

hacked89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good deal with the labor exchange. We have monopoly money program too at work, a bit less restrictive than what you said but still things like no firearms etc

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

The_Josh_Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm totally fried on the monopoly money thing. This is in America?? I've never even heard of such a thing. (Not that I'm God's gift to current affairs, lol! I don't even watch the news.)

What's the upside for the businesses you spend it at in the town? They turn it in to...someone...and get paid back the full amount or something?

Hope the fenders go well. You always say you used to work on IDI's and such, what's your work now? Still turn wrenches?

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I'm totally fried on the monopoly money thing. This is in America?? I've never even heard of such a thing. (Not that I'm God's gift to current affairs, lol! I don't even watch the news.)

What's the upside for the businesses you spend it at in the town? They turn it in to...someone...and get paid back the full amount or something?

Hope the fenders go well. You always say you used to work on IDI's and such, what's your work now? Still turn wrenches?
I build spiral staircases for a living. If there's something that I enjoy doing, I can't do it for a living. I won't enjoy it anymore. I figured out that one a long time ago.
There's several towns around here (there may be more that I don't know of) where you ca buy the Monopoly money during the holiday season. I believe that it's to encourage local spending. Yes the businesses do turn it back in and get real money for it at the face value. If it wasn't so restrictive, I'd appreciate it more.

hacked89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I build spiral staircases for a living. If there's something that I enjoy doing, I can't do it for a living. I won't enjoy it anymore. I figured out that one a long time ago.
There's several towns around here (there may be more that I don't know of) where you ca buy the Monopoly money during the holiday season. I believe that it's to encourage local spending. Yes the businesses do turn it back in and get real money for it at the face value. If it wasn't so restrictive, I'd appreciate it more.
Amen man.
When I was a kid I wanted to be a mechanic, thought long and hard, talked to old guys, decided that it would make me not like my hobby and went white collar world. Took night classes for welding to support the hobby. Give my friend a hand on cars at his garage if there are overflow and he needs it.

Second part, the "play money" at my company is a bit different. It's X amount of dollars you can expense back to the company for "play" but it can't be anything from X list.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I build spiral staircases for a living.
Here's a few examples. I didn't build all of the steel ones. I used to build the wooden ones, but they're farmed out to someone else now.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I've had a slight change of direction. Just a slight one though. I was originally thinking about trying to keep the Doug Nash OD unit that's in the truck now and see if I could make a separate mount so that I could still use it and keep the 4.10 gears in the rear end. I ran this idea by Wes while I was down his way a week and a half or so ago. He said that he doesn't really care for them because if the OD unit has issues, it won't transmit power. Since this is a two wheel drive truck, it won't be able to move. He said that he prefers 3.55 gears and then dropping a gear if you have to. I didn't really like that suggestion very much since it wasn't what I wanted to hear, but I had plenty of time to think about it on the way back home and I feel that I have to agree. This truck will be my "tow rig" (not that I tow a lot), but it will still see most of it's miles empty, going 70 MPH down the highway. There's a pretty small percentage of my yearly driven miles that are actually city driving. I can also keep the 4.10 gears that are in it now and swap them if I know that (for whatever reason) I'm going to be doing some heavy towing for a while or if I get a large 5er toy hauler. At least that's the theory. I may never swap the 4.10's back in. Since I've never bought diff gears before, I'm looking for suggestions for good places to buy them. I appreciate any suggestions.

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had a slight change of direction. Just a slight one though. I was originally thinking about trying to keep the Doug Nash OD unit that's in the truck now and see if I could make a separate mount so that I could still use it and keep the 4.10 gears in the rear end. I ran this idea by Wes while I was down his way a week and a half or so ago. He said that he doesn't really care for them because if the OD unit has issues, it won't transmit power. Since this is a two wheel drive truck, it won't be able to move. He said that he prefers 3.55 gears and then dropping a gear if you have to. I didn't really like that suggestion very much since it wasn't what I wanted to hear, but I had plenty of time to think about it on the way back home and I feel that I have to agree. This truck will be my "tow rig" (not that I tow a lot), but it will still see most of it's miles empty, going 70 MPH down the highway. There's a pretty small percentage of my yearly driven miles that are actually city driving. I can also keep the 4.10 gears that are in it now and swap them if I know that (for whatever reason) I'm going to be doing some heavy towing for a while or if I get a large 5er toy hauler. At least that's the theory. I may never swap the 4.10's back in. Since I've never bought diff gears before, I'm looking for suggestions for good places to buy them. I appreciate any suggestions.
If you want to send me that crappy overdrive box that nobody is willing to pay good money for, I’ll pay shipping LOL

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you want to send me that crappy overdrive box that nobody is willing to pay good money for, I’ll pay shipping LOL

Beat me to it LOL

I wanted to find a brownie box (brown-lipe aux transmission) to run in mine, wish they still made them.

hacked89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've always used Yukon without issue, FYI they are usually a "reboxer" of us gear and Spicer which are both great quality. There was a time though when they would rebox some foreign not so good steel. If you go right to us gears website they don't have a sterling 10.25 on their page. Also us standard etc is not the same as the other better brands.

My Dana 80 and Dana60 with yukon 5.13s and lockers is still going strong under a jeep in Ohio

miles1400

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@hacked89 if i get a set of 3:55s for my truck am i able to swap the gears and keep the limitied slip that is in my truck? i do not know much about axle stuff