Ex Wife- my LONG term build

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I didn't do a lot to the truck today. The padding under the carpet was still damp so I laid some 2x4s across the side rails on my trailer and put the carpet padding side up over them. This way, the air will circulate around everything. The seats will probably be dry enough to sit back in the truck tomorrow evening. I took the air hose and blew out the inside of the cab the best that I could. Then I used my shop vac to clean up most of the leftovers. I probably need to actually wash it out with a garden hose and do some scrubbing to get the stuck on yuck off of the floor. The interior trim pieces will need to be scrubbed before they're ready to go back inside. I did take a wire wheel on a drill to the rust spots and then shot some black Rustoleum over them. Is it professional? No. Is it neat? No. All I was trying to do here is to stop the rust from spreading. I also ordered some Dynamat Xtreme to start laying around the cab before I reassemble the interior. I know that the 36' square that I ordered won't be nearly enough to cover the floor, roof, inside the doors and across the back wall of the cab, but it was all that I could afford to spend at the time. Eventually it will all be covered and then no one else will see the rust spots on the floor anyway..

You must be registered for see images attach

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is it professional? No. Is it neat? No. All I was trying to do here is to stop the rust from spreading. I also ordered some Dynamat Xtreme to start laying around the cab before I reassemble the interior. I know that the 36' square that I ordered won't be nearly enough to cover the floor, roof, inside the doors and across the back wall of the cab, but it was all that I could afford to spend at the time.

Yeah I'm going to be dealing with that a lot on my dually. I'm seriously considering a loan for getting paint work done at a body shop, but the way this year went really cut into everything. Might very well have to skip paint all together and just do the mechanicals for now on mine.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You probably have more rust than mine does. I can only imagine.

Not too much. This one came from Graham, TX and has only been up here a few years. I really only drove it one winter (out of necessity). But I really want to get on it before it does get bad.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Well today, I made the name official. It should have been done over a week ago, but there wasn't anything to mount the tag to just a couple of holes in the front bumper. I bought a tag mounting kit and then found out that the holes were spaced wider apart than the slots in the tag were. Next, I ordered a plate holder off of Ebay. It finally came in today, so I got the tag mounted. It wasn't all easy though, I still had to trim about 1/2" off of the top of the tag holder so that I could mount it in the holes. It was hitting the trim piece that runs across the middle of the bumper.

stick_witch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hahaha for quite a long moment there I thought your set of screwdrivers on the hood was a makeshift hood scoop for the turbo lol[emoji23]
I kinda like the idea though, would be a nice cold air intake

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I don't care for the idea myself, but it would be kind of cool. I have a friend that I met in tech school back in 1990. At the time, he had a Chevy Luv that he put a Buick 4.3 in. He took the cover of an old Eureka vacuum cleaner and put it on the hood as a hood scoop. After being painted body color, it looked pretty good. You couldn't tell what it was unless you knew. Then you could tell by the shape.

stick_witch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't care for the idea myself, but it would be kind of cool. I have a friend that I met in tech school back in 1990. At the time, he had a Chevy Luv that he put a Buick 4.3 in. He took the cover of an old Eureka vacuum cleaner and put it on the hood as a hood scoop. After being painted body color, it looked pretty good. You couldn't tell what it was unless you knew. Then you could tell by the shape.
Yeahhhh nope id never put a scoop on my truck... its a truck[emoji23].
Thats hilarious lol. Some serious junk yard engineering right there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
This is on the back burner for now, but I haven't completely forgotten about it. I've been slowly ordering stuff for it. Some small, some more expensive. Today, I ordered a starter push button and some Dynamat Xtreme. I know that the more Dynamat you buy at one time, the cheaper per square foot it is, but I just don't have the extra money to buy it in large bulk right now.
My first "stimulus" check (plus an extra $300) went to buy the truck. If we actually get another one, most or all of that one will go toward this truck too. If it happens to be something close to the $2000 that the President was talking about, then I can see a shiny set of Alcoas arriving at my house (not that I'm expecting that much). Doing that doesn't seem to make a lot of sense though. I mean, who in their right mind wants to buy jewelry for their Ex Wife?cookoo:joker:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freqencyheight

Members online