EPA Sheriff, Nosy Karens and my truck

TexasTruck

Reaction score
EPA Sheriff stopped by 2 weeks ago. Said someone on a golf cart (Karens) complained about my rig being derelict. We live out in the county but they are trying to turn it into a Karen community. There is no HOA mess out here. We aren't even incorporated so no local government/tax mess. Anyway, he asked me if it ran. I said "Hell yes that thing runs! It's a beast!" Helps being on prior good terms with the sheriff. Anyway I told him it was bogged down in Hurricane Harvey and got a lot of water in the fuel system, insurance said F and U but I was waiting for some parts (and money). True story.

Back story: There was so much rain (56" worth in a couple days) that it flooded my flat bed and actually got into the tanks. Then 2 years of sitting there. Yeah. It was a mess.

With yalls help I cleaned IP, lines and installed a Duralift refer pump. I got the belts done and did the smaller alt belt/water pump trick. I still need to do the tanks but I can strap a jerry can on the front and he starts right up. Thank you very much everyone and much obliged by this site and everyone here.

Now I should say that before all this happened it would take an effort to turn a head to actually see my truck sitting there. You'd have to stop and get a good look to see that it was anything more than just dirty. So I decided to move it out to the street so they don't have to look so hard.

And now that it's out there being an OBVIOUS eye sore I have decided to start washing and buffing it up to be a "good resident".

I just can't seem to get the swirls out of the paint. Let me know if you have suggestions.

Attachments

• 20210903_092130_HDR.jpg
    20210903_092130_HDR.jpg
    385.9 KB · Views: 34

Booyah45828

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd buy a handful of parts trucks and park them around the place. It doesn't sound like there's anything they can do about it, so if karen wants to play, lets play.

What are you using with your buffer? My suggestion is use a cutting compound, followed by polishing compound and then a good wax every year. I typically use meguiars products, but a lot of stuff out there would probably work the same. If you can't get the swirls out with a cutting compound, they're too deep and you need a repaint. Be careful with cutting compounds though, in the wrong hands(most used car dealerships) it can make a paint job worse real quick.

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t live in an hoa but my neighbor about a house down probably wishes so. I always park on the side of my house, been doing that for 4 years no and I’ve never had an issue. Well when I first got the truck it wasn’t a big deal because it was stock and had stock exhaust. Now it’s a little different. The lady followed me to my work one morning, at 5:30 am to tell me that she’s going to call the police if I let it idle next to my house in the mornings or if drive past her house.

now I make sure that i shift right in front of her house and at a higher rate of speed… LOL

aggiediesel01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And now that it's out there being an OBVIOUS eye sore I have decided to start washing and buffing it up to be a "good resident".

I just can't seem to get the swirls out of the paint. Let me know if you have suggestions.
That's funny stuff right there. Without variable speed on that 7" polishin' machine you're gunna have to go with a real light touch and maybe wrap that cup with a couple of momma's hair towels, and keep it lubed up with maybe some diesel. The diesel 'll will make her shine up right quick and the rain 'll bead up like water off a duck's back.

For your karen issue, there's a bunch of laws about driving golf carts on public roads. Make sure they're following all of them and if they're not, maybe they should.

MtnHaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am very surprised to hear that, in Texas of all places, someone would bother to complain about a vehicle that's been sitting--and I assume it's on your property and not the street because that would be a little different. I live in a very liberal and rural part of CA but have never heard of complaints like that. Just about everybody I know has a vehicle or part of a vehicle sitting on their property. One guy I knew even had a s--k--ee--t range setup in his backyard--admittedly the neighbors didn't like that a lot.

Unreal that the word s k e e t is censored. W T F is going on?

Last edited:

tonyj54

Reaction score
Wow. I WISH one of our neighbors had the balls to complain about my truck. Long time since I was in for slapping the **** out of someone who can't mind their own business.

Attachments

• 16307646428854615284817316301288.jpg
    16307646428854615284817316301288.jpg
    481.4 KB · Views: 11

TexasTruck

Reaction score
We bought this property after Hurricane Ike cleaned up the area. My neighbor had a C10 rusted in half sinking into the ground. I had to take him to court over this because it was sitting across my property line. Can't build on disputed property lines This is how I met the EPA sheriff long ago.

He explained if I touched my neighbors truck even though the detached half of it was on my property, he would have to haul me down to jail.

My neighbor is an injured viet combat vet. There's no need to be suing anyone. I offered to cover all costs and disposal. He accepted. judge told him that he would have to put that in writing and give it to me before I could touch it.

Next day he built a fence on my property to block access to it, no note then sold the house to a viet era refugee.

Over time the EPA sheriff would stop by and we would chat. Everything my neighbor did was legal. One day he told me that my property used to belong to my neighbor but he lost it over EPA and taken in tax foreclosure from Hurricane Ike.

The new neighbor removed the vehicle but kept the fence along with several feet of my property. I will be forced to sue them in court to re-establish my property line if they refuse the new fence I want to build there in the spring.

Been playing this game for 7 years. Still can't legally build yet. I still laugh about this every time I think of it. Well played Chief.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Just for my curiosity, what part of Houston do you live in that is so rural as to be unincorporated? I take it that you must be outside Houston proper and all of it's suburbs. I'm asking because I've been in Cypress and been around some of Houston.

TexasTruck

Reaction score
It's a peninsula called San Leon. It is south of Kemah, north of Texas City and east of Dickinson. In fact, since Ike took out the post office, they just call it Dickinson now. It's about 20 minutes from NASA. With the future 99 bypass coming directly by this area down 146 I suspect developers are fishing hard for any land opportunity and reasons to force incorporation on this area. I know Texas City bought up all the bulkhead space so they can claim they technically "own it" since it falls inside their property boundaries.

I originally hail from Clear Lake/Seabrook/Kemah so I am used to saying Houston because everyone knows where that city is even though I live just across county line in Galveston county now. Apologies for any confusion.

grumpy1

Reaction score
my ignorance is hanging out.
what is a "Karen"
what is epa police