Enginetech Junk

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's a pic of the pushrods. Just received a message from seller & he will be sending pic to manufacture. They want to send me another set cookoo. Don't have the patience for that so I requested a refund.

You must be registered for see images attach

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Curious.....

What push rods were you using when you had the valve kissing piston issue? Were they a different set of these? Could that be the issue?

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Curious.....

What push rods were you using when you had the valve kissing piston issue? Were they a different set of these? Could that be the issue?

I was using the original pushrods so we can eliminate that from being a problem.

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Picked up sealed power pushrods from Oreilly yesterday morning. They were all the same length & straight. They were clearly built much better than the enginetech rods. The copper tips were all shiny and precise where the other rods had rough spots & a dull finish to them. Got a refund from seller & he told me not to even bother returning them so they are going in trash.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gear head kerplunk? Push rods through a tube with ball bearings on top?

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Most enginetech stuff is good, they are doing too much offshorcing , yes that's what I mean,lol, on low volume items. Got the info from my engine parts guy.
Keep in mind a lifter has about .250 useable travel, so .030 isn't death on a slow speed engine, but still, QC your parts for Pete's sake.