engine oil cooler?

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
thanks for all the input. i guess all i need is a power steerin cooler then...

These truck already have a power steering cooler. Look down under the radiator at the front cross member. See the steel line running across that... There is the cooler Ford made for us... Does it actually cool the fluid.... :dunno Ford had small coolers on some of the old big cars they made in the 70 and 80. Jaguar has one. Some are close to the alternater rotating fan cooler too... Why do you want to install a cooler for this steering....

blown84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i wanna do a ps cooler cause mine seems to have an issue with gettin pretty warm. im pretty sure it has somethin to do with the 110+ degree days, low speed drivin, and 35 inch tires. the pump seems kinda weak, so i was plannin on flushin the system, replacin all the lines and the pump, addin the cooler, and runnin strait lucas. beins it already has a cooler of sorts (i know exactly the line youre talkin bout), itll be that much easier to plumb in a bigger one, and mount it in front of the radiator.

BioFarmer93

OPEC Hater
Reaction score
Trey,
If you want to cool your oil some, but not too much, you could invest in one of these- http://www.thebestoil.com/AMSOILSyntheticOilandAirFiltrationProducts/Catalog_ProductDetails.aspx?id=1338
Then, if you felt like you still needed more cooling, you could just splice into the return side of the hose somewhere and mount that oil cooler you showed us back a few posts...
Actually I think that if you really just want to do something good for your engine and oil, you oughta get this anyway and run Amsoil 15w-40 Diesel & Marine. Their Synthetic pretty much just flips the finger to heat, and yes, even to TEXAS heat.:eek::D:angel:

Oh yeah, and you could put a valve and a bypass on the return so you could skip the cooler in the "less hot" season.

Last edited:

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
I plan on a ps cooler also. Hydro boost and lots of turning at slow speeds kills my fluid

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seven4eight

Members online