electric pump location

cowboytueller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey everyone have a question? My dad wants to put an electric pump in his truck and he wants a different location than mine (my 87 ford is on the starter relay) and could we have some suggestions on where you guys have tied your electric pump to? thanks;Sweet

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am not sure of your question; are you asking where to mount the pump or where to get the 12-volt power ??

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are a lot of sources for key-on power in the fusebox.

cowboytueller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes I'm sorry I was wondering where to hook up 12v not where to mount to the pump (already found a place to mount the pump just need power ;Sweet)

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are a variety of underhood and underdash sources from where you can get 12 volt key-on power. However, I would suggest that you use these to power a relay coil only. Then you can run a wire from your battery, through a fuse to the relay contact, and have the relay pass power to a fuse block of your own installation, from which you can then tap whatever future mods you wish. You can use the green wire with red stripe (IIRC) under hood, which goes to many things including the cruise control, glow plug controller, IP and alternator. I think there is also a test plug that may be part of the automatic trans or emissions test port that is part of the wiring harness tucked up under the drivers side fender area that has this wire.