Electric fuel pump

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Well just for starters no more need to bleed the fuel system 90% of the time.
No chance to leak fuel in the engine oil :rolleyes:

stiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
h2odrx said:
where is the write up for the install? while i got mine apart i might just install one?

i don't think there is one.

i also installed a fuel filter before the pump. put in ball valves, to make fuel filter changes easier.

also put in a toggle switch, that's my anti-theft system. in case someone wants to steal my 22 year old truck. :rotflmao

one other reason to have an epump is the wear and tear you'll save on your starter and battaries, when you have fuel/starting problems.

82F100SWB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got a carter P4070 on mine(I think that's the PN...) An electric pump is a great improvement over the stock mechanical pump.
As for an arcticle, no real need. Mount it wherever you want to, so long as you can easily plumb it into the feed line after the tank selector switch. Personally, on the frame rail under the cab works for me. Hook it to power and ground. I have mine running through a relay that is switched with the key, and has a toggle to interrupt that.
I bypassed the mechanical pump by cutting the hard line about 2" below the fuel heater, and attaching the hose that ran from the hard line on the frame rail to the mechanical pump to the hard line at the fuel heater. Then I yanked the mechanical pump and made a blockoff plate for it.