egt and water temp seems too low

frankenwrench

overkill is under rated!
Reaction score
A red rag and probably just messed up my rebuild on the turbo.... Wife's gonna be PISSED!

Correction... She's boiled over.

frankenwrench

overkill is under rated!
Reaction score
I have 3 of them, one already rebuilt that she's bringing now. Uncle giving the stink eye as well. Got cords to load and deliver hope it's swapped before he's done loading trailers.

frankenwrench

overkill is under rated!
Reaction score
Um.. A couple pieces made their way down... And pretty sure it's past the screen. Just a few little fibers that I can see. Pull intake? Or will it hurt much?

frankenwrench

overkill is under rated!
Reaction score
She was acting squirly according to guages. Turb actually looks OK. Not burnt or scoured on fins or rod or bearings or washer. Clean it up tonight and have faith? Or order another kit and not take chances?

frankenwrench

overkill is under rated!
Reaction score
Yes sir. But didn't get over 210 on coolant. Think turb is shot. Spinning by hand and getting contact. Rod looks bent. Prolly just have wife rebuild last turb and keep it as backup and take this one to house and use as housing and parts backup

20 miles from here there's a sh** ton of these 093 turbos with up and down pipes. Basically complete setups

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No worries on the temps then, fan clutch does even lock up till 240*
I would just swap the turbo if you have a known good one

frankenwrench

overkill is under rated!
Reaction score
No worries on the temps then, fan clutch does even lock up till 240*
I would just swap the turbo if you have a known good one
I have just been picking up complete setups from local yard and wife rebuilds them as I get more rebuild kits. Shes got the small hands that don't shake like mine. Lol. What kinda turb is on a 89 f250 with the straight 6 6.6 litre? Was gonna get it last week but didn't know for sure. Wife advised to just pull the block and buy it.

frankenwrench

overkill is under rated!
Reaction score
Sticker on valve cover says Ford/Brazilian. 88 yr modle. She wants it to replace the 460 in her truck. It worth a d***?

frankenwrench

overkill is under rated!
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach
She been wanting diesel anyway and anything getting better than 8 mpg she will be happy with. She's tired of the auto anyway and wanting a second stick in the floor. No jokes on that please.:love:

Last edited: