egine swap

gunnie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it will fit but...you need the electronics to go along with it a donor truck would be ideal. do some serious research before you start as the difficulty meter will be getting warm.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Putting an IDI in a new truck makes better sense to me. ;Sweet

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
I wondered about that. With all of our body panels slowly rusting away, when does someone buy an 'over bombed' 7.3 super duty and drop an IDI in?

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
F350camper said:
I wondered about that. With all of our body panels slowly rusting away, when does someone buy an 'over bombed' 7.3 super duty and drop an IDI in?

Eyed up an 02 F-350 CC SRW long box about 3 months ago with the 5.4L auto in it. Had the right throttle linkage as Ken had said over yonder. Truck had 206k on the clock and they wanted $10k for it. :puke:
Maybe later. :rolleyes:

chris88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like Mel said I would rather have the old mechanical Diesel than an electronicaly controlled engine. Either an IDI or a 12 valve Cummins. Either one of those engines are more reliable and easier to work on than a 6.0.

Chris

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Amen to that...

It's too bad that you can't buy a factory "glider" truck...OTOH, IMHO all the pickup truck offerings out there these days are ugly as sin. The early SuperDoodies didn't look too bad, but the new ones... :puke:

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go the Cummins route and fuel savings will soon make you forget the cost.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ha ha ha. Very funny. :rolleyes:

:D

Yes he could, cause it's already a diesel. Although, if somebody plugs something into that OBD-II connector under the dash, a voice will start singing D A I S Y.... D A I S Y... H O W D O E S Y O U R G A R D E N G R O W.......I'M H A L F C R A Z Y F A L L I N G I N L O V E W I T H Y O U.... I T W O N T B E A S T Y L I S H M A R R I A G E..... I C A N T A F F O R D A C A R R I A G E...... B U T Y O U ' L L O O K S W E E T U P O N T H E S E A T O F A B I C Y C L E B U I L T F O R T W o...

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Agnem said:
Ha ha ha. Very funny. :rolleyes:

Yes he could, cause it's already a diesel. Although, if somebody plugs something into that OBD-II connector under the dash, a voice will start singing D A I S Y.... D A I S Y... H O W D O E S Y O U R G A R D E N G R O W.......I'M H A L F C R A Z Y F A L L I N G I N L O V E W I T H Y O U.... I T W O N T B E A S T Y L I S H M A R R I A G E..... I C A N T A F F O R D A C A R R I A G E...... B U T Y O U ' L L O O K S W E E T U P O N T H E S E A T O F A B I C Y C L E B U I L T F O R T W o...

:rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao

Still waiting for that techie on the windows BSOD Mel? :puke: :puke:

Now everbody sing.

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
Trust me,You don't want a Stupiddooky.I had one.IMHO,they suck big time.Made my old schools ride like a Benz,my Y2K was already falling part(Shifter knob on AUTO broke off and shorted out my dash,EVERY vent was broken in half,dash was cheap plastic),There is less leg room in there(with my seat as far back as I could get it and still comfortably hold the wheel my knees were 1" from the dash(Could just barely fit my fingers between),then the fact that the body is so much higher and the cab actualy goes over the engine.....you really don't want to do ANY work on ANY engine in one of those things.Also,the sick Point Slow....well,head over to The Dark Side and read up on their 6.0 boards.....YIKES.A 7.3....well,I can't believe I am gonna say this they really wasn't that bad of engines.I will rank them right up there with our engines but a lot more expensive and complicated.As for a cummins......yea,they are bad ass engines,can bomb the hell outta them but come on,this is a FORD!If you really wanted something with mega power and *** factor....Get a bow tie and drop of CTD in it.Like late 70s to mid 80s style.And don't think I haven't thought about it if I ever dig myself outta all these other projects!I love those old Chevys.Especially odd ball 1981 style of Chevy.Old style grill with silver center but with newer style 4 head light setup.Only year they had it like that.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hhmmmmm.... Your loyalty to the Force is weakend by this Chevy talk. You would be wise not to mention it, in front of the council of Jedi's. :fight:

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
hardy har har.I knew that was comming.But,you gotta agree,those old Angular body trucks looked good.Back when American designed/American made ment something and all 3 of the big 3 had their own styling unlike today.....Dodge and Ford are the same and chevy.......well.......they need to find out who is designing and approving the new vehicle designs and Linch their butts.YUCK!

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Freight_Train said:
hardy har har.I knew that was comming.But,you gotta agree,those old Angular body trucks looked good.
Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder (beerholder? ;) )...IMHO GM hasn't built a decent-looking pickup truck since the '60's.