Early 7.3 run out of fuel

Kevin 007

Full-floater
Reaction score
The wife ran my 95 stroke out of fuel yesturday while I was at workcookoo she had it towed home.

What kind of bleeding needs to be done to get it fired up again?

9779scott

Reaction score
All I ever had to do was open the filter housing up. Fill that with fuel and do alittle cranking. My ex used to do it on occasion on me.

zpd307

Reaction score
you shouldnt have to do anything except cranking. opening the filter housing would speed up the process. i was going to say just turn the key to on a couple of times but then i remembered yours has a mechanical pump....

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
my truck is still at work after a simple filter change Monday after work, Air in fuel stinks, then comes dead batteries.....:puke:

sassyrel

Reaction score
take lid off of filter hsg.. you may have to refill it,,as many as 5 times..been there. fill it,,crank for a few secs,refill,crank a few mores secs,refill..orrrrrrrrr,, take a trigger mist bottle..in bottle,,put in some 2 cyl gas mix. have someone crank the beast over..have the air cleaner top,,and the first black hose off. spray the mist of fuel ,,into the turbo inlet hose..should fire off,,but you will need to keep spritzing it,,to keep it going..have them speed it up,,to help clear out the air infiltration..you will know when to stop the misting..............yah,,it works!!!!! and saves on starter and batteries!!!!!!

Kevin 007

Full-floater
Reaction score
Thanks gents!!

I got er going. I filled the filter housing with fuel cranked for a while and it fired then died. Did this once more and kept the revs up nect time it fired and it stayed running. Ran rough for about a minute then it cleared out. I then let it idle for 10mins to purge any remaing air,

Thanks again!!!;Sweet