E4OD Swap in Big Ed

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
One of the trucks that I am looking at has a rebuilt motor and E4od trans 4x4. What would it take to swap out my C6 and install the E4od since would have a complete doner truck?

Would it basically bolt in to the T-Case?

It would be COOL to have double over drive?

I am fully aware of giving up a bullet proof C6 to a questionable OD trans but I still would consider it.

Wonder what RM I woud be running with the GV in OD?

SKimballC

Reaction score
Double OD is my best friend. I love it. I felt like throwing up having to run across the states without the GV when it was acting up on the road. The 500 rpm difference was annoying and it ate my fuel mileage for lunch. Yes, the GV has spoiled me.

The C6 to E4OD swap should be pretty simple since you'll have the mounts, the wiring, and all the other parts. You can probably not even seperate the engine and trans and swap them as a unit. I pulled my 7.3/C6 combo that way.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
If your going to have a doner truck, then I would say it shouldnt be all that hard to swap on to Big Ed. You might have to fab up a trans crossmember, but I dont think there is all that much difference between a C6 and a E4OD (cause I hear that the E4OD is basically a C6 with an overdrive). I say go for it, you should probably throw in a towing/hauling torque converter, and a PSD trans oil cooler and you should be all set to go.

flatlander

plays dirty when losing
Reaction score
One of the trucks that I am looking at has a rebuilt motor and E4od trans 4x4. What would it take to swap out my C6 and install the E4od since would have a complete doner truck?

Would it basically bolt in to the T-Case?

It would be COOL to have double over drive?

I am fully aware of giving up a bullet proof C6 to a questionable OD trans but I still would consider it.

Wonder what RM I woud be running with the GV in OD?

It would never work. You'd have to get rid of the GV. If you want I'll give you a hand.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How about swapping that E4OD for a BTS one :) I have considered it too, but thought better of it. It would be sweet if you could get that E4OD to last though.

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys, I will be sticking with my C6 trans as I have decided not to buy the 93 CC. the other tuck that I decided to buy is too good of a deal to pass up and 5 hours closer.

Later!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online