E4od controller

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the one that came as original equipment in your '94 turbo truck.

full

A1 Cardone 73-6104 Replaces Original (OE) Part #:F4TZ 12B565-EA

remans go for about a Benjamin.can't beat that.;)

Last edited:

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
The factory TCM sucks. It gives the E4OD a bad name.:eek:

Baumann makes an afordable tranny controller.

If you want to get really fancy there is PCS.

Best thing about any aftermarket controller is gets rid of the factory quirky shift program. All you need is a tach signal,RPM signal, and VSS signal. You're good to go.
With PCS you will need a laptop for programming the controller.:Thumbs Up

Ole BlackBetty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The factory TCM sucks. It gives the E4OD a bad name.:eek:

Baumann makes an afordable tranny controller.

If you want to get really fancy there is PCS.

Best thing about any aftermarket controller is gets rid of the factory quirky shift program. All you need is a tach signal,RPM signal, and VSS signal. You're good to go.
With PCS you will need a laptop for programming the controller.:Thumbs Up
thanks for the response read my other post about tach you what you think about it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the us shift is $585 + $150 for the harness totaling over 7 times the cost of a reman ford unit at $735 minus tax/shipping so probably closer to 7 and half times a ford reman.......it no doubt is superior,however that can't claim "the best bang for the buck" ;)

Ole BlackBetty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The quick 4 is the only one they offer now I guess. I click on the link for the quick 1 and it goes to the quick 4?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Ferd_Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to go with the US shift controller. Them and Baumann merged a few years back. My e4od want to lock up the converter way to earlier. There's just not a whole lot of people posting there results and experience with them

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Not that many people using them.
There's a guy with one on his gm 6.5 and he loves it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
I want to go with the US shift controller. Them and Baumann merged a few years back. My e4od want to lock up the converter way to earlier. There's just not a whole lot of people posting there results and experience with them

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Remember not to lock the converter too early. No less than 1200 RPM. Anything lower will fry the converter, and damage the tranny.

Ferd_Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Remember not to lock the converter too early. No less than 1200 RPM. Anything lower will fry the converter, and damage the tranny.
I know the PO stripped the torq heads on TPS. I know not to let it lock that low. Sometimes coming down mine gets down to 1300-1400 but I'm used to hitting the brake to unlock it. I want the controller just to better control it. I've heard people say it makes it shift like a new truck and improvements in MPGs aswell

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
With an aftermarket controller you will lose the brake switch to release the clutch. Lock up and release will based on RPM and speed.

Ferd_Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With an aftermarket controller you will lose the brake switch to release the clutch. Lock up and release will based on RPM and speed.
I understand that looked into theses and read the manuals. The only reason I'm hitting brake to unlock is because the stock trans computer is out of whack(I shouldn't have too) because of my TPS. Even a with my tps in working I don't like how stock computer works it. 20 years later and we have better programs and softwares then these 25 year old TCM.

raydav

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been using the earlier model Baumann controller for about a decade on both a 460 and 7.3 in a 9K# 84 E350.

Up and down shift points and line pressure are programmable. You have your choice of locking the converter starting in 2, 3, or 4th gear.

And you can create two profiles that are on-the-fly switchable - such as road and off road. I have one profile where the converter locks in second for when I am grinding up a slow road and staying in second or third. For town I don't lock the converter until fourth.

And, if you have cruise control switches on the steering wheel, they can be used as "paddle switches".

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online