Dyno run

Rot Box

Northern Utah
Reaction score
I think this is a very good baseline comparison to Jim Allen's run. OK guys, its now official. From now on a turbo IDI should be putting 200 RWHP;Sweet

I remember reading Jim's article a long time ago. I remember him stating that several 99-03 PSD's were putting about the same HP, but I don't remember anything on the torque ratings. Either way 206 is impressive imo ;Sweet

Anyway bluecoots truck is a whole different animal with that turbo. It's amazing what a $300 turbo can do! I guess next time we line that ol' girl up with my 92 I might have to take it out of second to pass you :backoff LOL

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
I was going to dyno my brown truck, since it was 90k original and stock, and then dyno it again with the turbo and moose pump on it, then again with an intercooler and some other secret goodies :D
But now that I've blown the engine there will be no stock numbers.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've heard via Dennis Perry (TS Performance owner) that Dynojet tends to give "high" HP numbers but are less accurate and that SuperFlow tends to give the "lowest" but "most accurate" HP measure.:dunno He didn't mention where the Mustang brand falls as far as accuracy. Did you hear guys dicussing this while you were there? I don't know jack about dyno's and I'm just curious to hear anything about the mustangs.

If there really is a difference in measured HP based on the dyno used......can you compair numbers from one brand to the next? It might be apples to oranges.:dunno

We're dynoing on TS's SuperFlow at the rally..........so we'll see how it treats the IDI.:D Hopefully very well.LOL

Thanks again,
Heath

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
having gone from a c6 to a zf5 I can honestly say there really isn't a huge difference in power.
what you loose in slippage you gain in being able to rev the **** outta the engine.
Plus you don't need to shift through 4 gears to get up to speed.

having hauled my trailer around, the zf5 certainly does have a little more ass.

bluecoot

Reaction score
I don't know the difference between the dyno's, and there wasn't any talk at the shop! Where is the rally going to be at this year? What is the moose pump and the advantages and where can you get one?

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shoot. I was hoping to learn a bit about the mustang dynos.

Anyway, all the Rally info is in THIS POST and on the BOOB site linked in my signature. If you're not a member, sign up, the password to register is "BOOB".;Sweet I hope to see you at the rally!;Sweet

The Moose Pump info can be found HERE and is a service provided by Mel Agne (Agnem is his handle here).

Heath

LumbermanSVO

Reaction score
Generally a Mustang dyno will give lower numbers than a Dynojet. They also do a better job of keeping the engine loaded during the run too.

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
My experience with dyno's is that the dyno jet will give really high numbers and IMHO arent worth the money to run on because they are so inaccurate. Mustang dynos are BY FAR the most accurate out of any of the dyno's. Thats what I was going to run my brown truck on.
Those are VERY good numbers from a Mustang dyno. GOOD JOB MAN!