Dyno run

92F350CC

Ford Man
Reaction score
Any idea what that would be at the crank? I've heard that a rough idea is that RWHP is 70% of what your flywheel is. That gives 206 / .70 = 294ish. Not too sure if that's accurate. Anyhow, those are impressive numbers. You should be able to keep up with, and probably beat a stock 7.3 PSD.

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Rule of thumb from my experience with dynoing drag cars is that the chassis dyno is 35% under rating the power at the crank.

idipwr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dyno#

My 94 put down 229 HP 8 or 9 years ago. I cant remember what kind of dyno, I think it was a Dynojet. They didnt have the sensor for diesel rpm to get a torque reading though.

Rob

1dieselman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've never had the opportunity to dyno a road engine but I have done a few 7.3 marine engines and they did around 335-345 Hp so I'm not to surprised to see over 300 hp from a turned up truck engine

1dieselman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With the marine engines there is a water cooled turbo, water to air intercooler and special injectors to help make horsepower. The injection pump is a little different, something like the factory turbo IPs

idipwr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whats different (special) about the injectors? Are these available somewhere?

1dieselman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They where specific for marine engines, I can't remember what code if any they used. They where capable of more fuel output and IIRC they had a higher pop pressure. Its been a few years since I've missed with those engines I'll have to look through some old info to find out more.

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know a lot of guys who work on the Chevy 6.2/6.5 put marine injectors in those motors. What is different about those injectors and would there be a way to find out maybe. I do know the Chevy marine injector were also higher pop and they still use them. So maybe this might be a good way to get a better injector for our trucks.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Peninsular Diesel in Michigan sells 6.5 turbo marine spec injectors. I have often wondered if there was anything similar for the 6.9/7.3 IDI engines used in boats. I wonder if a DB4 injection pump was the special pump. RKoch and some others have posted that a DB4 head can be added to a DB2 skeleton and make a more capable IP from the parts. 4 plungers at .0033" each instead of two at .0031" each. What do you think?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brb5

Members online