Duralift pump failure...? Its the ooze..

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
OK guys, quick question on the DuraLift pumps....

How tall are the pumps? I know they mount vertically, and need to know how much real estate they need to live in.

The factory electric lift pump for my Jetta has died, and the pump is NLA. I know the DuraLift is a great pump from all the truck guys using one. I have a place to mount it under the hood, I just need to make sure its tall enough.......

Robt.Webster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 40223 pump that is used in our IDIs is 7.25 inches tall, but that is without the fitting on the discharge, so you will need to factor that in as well.

If you end up using the 40290 pump for the higher lift/pressure, it is 8.25 inches tall, again, without the fitting in the discharge port.

Hope this helps.

OK guys, quick question on the DuraLift pumps....

How tall are the pumps? I know they mount vertically, and need to know how much real estate they need to live in.

The factory electric lift pump for my Jetta has died, and the pump is NLA. I know the DuraLift is a great pump from all the truck guys using one. I have a place to mount it under the hood, I just need to make sure its tall enough.......

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
The 40223 pump that is used in our IDIs is 7.25 inches tall, but that is without the fitting on the discharge, so you will need to factor that in as well.

If you end up using the 40290 pump for the higher lift/pressure, it is 8.25 inches tall, again, without the fitting in the discharge port.

Hope this helps.

Thank you, I will probably use the 40223 pump. That helps.... for some reason I thought they were much taller than that... like close to 12".... I will have to do some measuring........

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntjapkes