dually on french fries

rattleonby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello fellow oil burners...

Just to update you guys on my recent wvo/wto endeavors. I've just started filtering and storing waste vegetable and waste transmission fluid at my house and plan on running it in my rear tank of my truck at a reasonable mix ratio with pure diesel fuel. Today i filtered 6 gallons of wvo and put it into my rear tank at 3/4 full of diesel. So far its doing great and smelling a lil bit like mickey d's on a busy day haha. No mods were done to my truck to achieve this. Keep in mind being in the snow belt here in PA i can only do this roughly 7 months out of the year with no in line or in tank fuel heaters. I am sick and tired of paying 3.89$ a gallon for junky water infested diesel fuel that only makes my truck knock and smoke. Im learning how to do this step by step from my buddy who has been doing it for 3 yrs now. He has a 90' f250 idi bone stock but has a fuel filter heat wrap. He is running 50/50 wto/wvo in his rear tank and pure diesel in the front to start/stop his truck on and switches over to the rear tank immediately. We buy 1 and 5 micron socks to filter it down to useable cleanliness and to help extend factory fuel filter life. Obviously there are plenty of mods i can do to my fuel system and the wvo to make this much more cleaner i.e. centrifuges and recooking to separate particles and such. I am taking the most cost effective route and have seen good success with my buddies truck and other idi owners close to me. Of course there is trial and error and figuring out useable mixtures and watching out for icky junky stuff like white wvo containing mostly fat which will quickly clog your fuel filter. I'm sorry this post is soo long but i am posting this in case other fellow OB members were curious or in need of advice in to screwing out big oil companies into giving us such sub par diesel and charging such outrageous prices for it!! end rant ;Sweet