Droopy gets a Makeover!

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
SWEEET Ron, cant wait to hear it! Glad the headers were correct, The first set that I got last year were for a 5.0, but not for a truck. Figure if you gotta replace cracked manifolds, may as well install a set of headers!

Got any pics yet?,...

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
truck ****!

Wow, I've had Droopy almost 4 months!
Ugh, time to get crackin.

Well I did this weekend with a few days off for shop clean out and some Droopy time.

Spent the most part of Saturday buzzing the old paint off and made it 2/3 of the way done when I decided to call it a night and give the air compressor a rest. The little 5 hp 33 gallon isn't really quite set up for the demand of the DA sander.cookoo
So I started back in Sunday after church and was going all to well till the air compressor shut off and made a god awful loud noise.

Yup as I feared, I grenaded the cooling fan for the compessor so now I can only run it for short periods unless I can rig up a fan by it to keep the head cool while I finish sanding and getting on to the body prep and priming.

My goal is this week to get him back into some color.
So knock on wood and say a few prayers I can limp the compressor thru to the end of the job.

And now for a little nekkid truck ****.

Attachments

• Engine 1.JPG
    Engine 1.JPG
    467.7 KB · Views: 12
  • Engine 2.JPG
    Engine 2.JPG
    432.8 KB · Views: 13
  • Getting dirty.JPG
    Getting dirty.JPG
    338.1 KB · Views: 17
  • Passenger 1.JPG
    Passenger 1.JPG
    366.4 KB · Views: 15
  • Drivers side 1.JPG
    Drivers side 1.JPG
    374.6 KB · Views: 13

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Truck ****,..Droopy NAKED,.. Real Nice!

Lookin Great RON! That is going to be the best looking Plow Truck in GR for sure! cant wait to see the finished product, especially with the new rims,...

Dsl_Dog_Treat

Reaction score
Yeah Darrin I know. He's gonna look sweet for sure. I'm anxious to get some color on him as well.;Sweet
Yup gotta invoke the "you can't sell it" clause on the contract tho.LOL

Trav, I was saving it fto put it in the rolling **** out back for you.:rotflmao

While waiting for the parts to put my air compressor back together to finish Droopy, I'm tinkering with a hot little 283 with some serious get up and go.

Not much of the bowtie gassers but this this is a 13.5:1 motor and I'm kinda curious to see how the test drive is gonna go this weekend.:sly

Attachments

• IMG00176-20090820-2023.jpg
    IMG00176-20090820-2023.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 16

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
yeowza 13 to 1 man that thing should be great on gas should be snuggling right up next to the double digits.....

;p

you'll be lucky if it gets one digit mileage....

what's the mouser in?

Dsl_Dog_Treat

Reaction score
yeowza 13 to 1 man that thing should be great on gas should be snuggling right up next to the double digits.....

;p

you'll be lucky if it gets one digit mileage....

what's the mouser in?

Yup, dome pistons and the heads had to be milled to accomodate them.

I do believe it's a 1978 Z-28.;Really
I told him that HE was bringing me the race fuel and I that wasn't gonna go buy it.
It's running like 7 something a gallon for 112 octane.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
that is why when I use to build gassers I always built them to run on pump gas - didn't want that high priced fuel cost....

so he's making a racer huh.... I always did like the body style of the 70's maros.... they just looked mean - I liked the later 80's style little better - had me an 89 RS tee topper with a slop monster 6 cyl with a 5 speed - was decent on gas but still had a little punch to her - not as much as a v8 would but the manual made up for it sort of....

Dsl_Dog_Treat

Reaction score
Rumor has it...., Droopy is Painted,...! ;Sweet

:popcorn

;Really

Really?

Ok so here's the outcome to the blue boogers are tasty myth.

Yup, Droopy got some fresh paint this weekend.
I gotta give my youngest props for helping me yesterday as she was out in her flip flops and night gown helping me tape off the lower body lines to prep for the rock guard.;Sweet

I think I ended up with 26 hours on him this weekend alone on the body and paint work. That doesn't include the forgotten hours on sanding the old paint off.

I still have a long list of small things to finish before I hand the keys back over to the resident goat smuggler.

If ya didn't notice, his left headlight still has a bit of a tilt.:dunno

So here's a few teasers of the new and improved Droopy.
Here's some more pics.;Sweet

Oh and the last pic is for the ones that aren't aware that yes these 3 trucks are the products of the "Dog Catcher Garage.":D

Attachments

• DSC01813.JPG
    DSC01813.JPG
    868.8 KB · Views: 16
  • DSC01815.JPG
    DSC01815.JPG
    821.1 KB · Views: 14
  • DSC01817.JPG
    DSC01817.JPG
    899.1 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Ron,

Ya do good work my friend.

AGREED!

WOOT WOOT,:hail..Looks great Ron.;Sweet When can I come and get it,..?:sly

Now I gotta get the new rims ready, and order the parts for the lighted Lund Visor.

With the truck looking that good I should have the plow sand blasted and repainted.

cant wait to see it, keep me posted and I will start planning my trip down to pick it up, and drop off your next project ;Really

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Heck yeah get the plow blasted and painted... only bad thing is you'll have to have someone else paint it though.....

;Poke - Ron...

Dsl_Dog_Treat

Reaction score
AGREED!

WOOT WOOT,:hail..Looks great Ron.;Sweet When can I come and get it,..?:sly

Now I gotta get the new rims ready, and order the parts for the lighted Lund Visor.

With the truck looking that good I should have the plow sand blasted and repainted.

cant wait to see it, keep me posted and I will start planning my trip down to pick it up, and drop off your next project ;Really

My goal is to have it done by this weekend. Now if people would just leave me alone when I get home at night.cookoo

Oh well, 1 step closer to getting that bowtie outta the yard...... Finally!

argve said:
Heck yeah get the plow blasted and painted... only bad thing is you'll have to have someone else paint it though.....

Trav you do yer gonna have to answer for that one of these days.;Really
But did you find the picture of what Darrin and I discovered in BG this year?