Droopy gets a Makeover!

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
It is now time for Droopy to get its well deserved Makeover,

Here's the scoop,.. I bought Droopy, a 1988 Ford F250 Reg Cab 4x4 5.0, ZF5Sp 3:55. from the original owner on 4/26/06. At the time it had just over 100K miles on it. The truck was never driven in the winter, but had some damage on the front left corner. It has a bad fuel pump and was sitting outside for a year or so not being used. It has some surface rust from peeling paint but was basically a solid Rust Free Truck, especially for Michigan. I paid $800.00

Thinking it would make a good Plow Truck we got it running and was able to find a plow for it, always thinking that it would eventually get a paint job.

I put an add a leaf in the front for the plow, installed 4" blocks in the rear so it sits up like an F350. New shocks, 265 BFG's, Fuel system, K&N Air Intake, Dual Exhaust, Tool Box, Headache rack, Dual batterys, Plow Lights, and other basic mechanical stuff.

Well this year, with 116K miles it burnt a valve and it has been plowing most of the year on 7 cylinders. I was able to find a rebuilt long block, bored 30 over with a towing RV cam for IIRC $400.00.

I also bought a good front fender, light and lower valance this spring.

So Yesterday I dropped off Droopy to our favorite resident Dog Catcher, along with a truck load of parts, and he is going to be doing the makeover for me,.. Swapping the motor, AND a paint job!

Go Ron GO!!!;Sweet

Attachments

• 102_5947.JPG
    102_5947.JPG
    623.3 KB · Views: 17
  • 102_5948.JPG
    102_5948.JPG
    571 KB · Views: 28
  • 102_5949.JPG
    102_5949.JPG
    572.6 KB · Views: 30

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
You guys aint right.:moon:
For some reason I feared that comment was going to resurface.

Oh, well, tis a good color.:D

Droopy will be my 3rd makeover candidate out of the shop. Too bad it's got a puny little spark plugged motor in it though. cookoo

But I can't wait to hear that thing light off with those shorty headers going on it. Ronnie likes a good sounding small block in the early morning hours.:D

I see ya happened to sneak in a shot of that Jasper shop ornament making the rounds. It's getting put to use tonight for mock up purposes.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

Reaction score
so what is the news so far Ron?

Droopy is currently a lawn ornament making the Ford truck collection in my yard currently at 8!cookoo

The replacement motor is on the engine stand and is currently primered to be painted pink.:D

Goldie is hogging the shop right now for a ventilator repair and upgrade.;Really

Dsl_Dog_Treat

Reaction score
A few pics of the damage repair process.
I finally got past the rally projects and Droopy is under the knife.;Sweet

Peek here.

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Lookin Good Ron! That straightened out pretty nice, You must have some experience using the 5# Ford Tool.

I will be getting the wheels that I have for Droopy out and poished next week. Gotta buy caps and lugs for it also. Think it will be done next week....? LOL

Keep up the good work,..

Dsl_Dog_Treat

Reaction score
Lookin Good Ron! That straightened out pretty nice, You must have some experience using the 5# Ford Tool.

I will be getting the wheels that I have for Droopy out and poished next week. Gotta buy caps and lugs for it also. Think it will be done next week....? LOL

Keep up the good work,..

Yeah that 5# BFH used with the proper finess will work wonders on just about anything.;Sweet

Hmmmm, next week?
Well the stooperduty TC job fell thru AGAIN!cookoo

Soooo, I'll prolly have the motor set by the end of the weekend if I don't get sidetracked.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
lookin good, i got a fender that needs replaced.:D

Clydesdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
pink would be a reference to being a 302, it is the ****** of 3/4 ton motors, right?

(loved mine, but I wasn't an IDI convert yet)

Dsl_Dog_Treat

Reaction score
:rotflmao:rotflmao

Stand fast guys.;Really

Hey Jared, stop flying the desk around the office and bring it dude!

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
might have to wait till i get back in april, hey if you want to swing over while i am gone and change the fender with and my bed i would be fine with that.:D

Dsl_Dog_Treat

Reaction score
Muuhhaahhaa!
Stage 1 complete. Droopy lives again............

As a gasser.:rolleyes:

And sounds pretty good with the Heddman shorty headers.

I was rather quite suprised that they were able to bolt directly to the existing exhaust without any modifications.;Sweet

Now it's just up to the old paint to start jumping off for stage 2.:D

Sorry no pics today. Left em at home.