driver side door lock issue

andrew123

Reaction score
The problem: if i use the power "L" on door to lock the doors, get out, close the door, and try to unlock the door so I can open it, the key will not turn to allow me to unlock the door. The passenger side still works, so i have to go there to unlock it.

But, if I get out of the truck, use the key to lock the door, then it freely turns so i can unlock it.

Any ideas on why using the power lock function will not allow me to unlock the door once its closed?

thanks.

andrew
'93 Ford F250 7.3L IDI Auto

rewbrooks50

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure; but, it could be the power lock motor/actuator. Mine works sometimes and not. That might move the linkage out of the way.

DrCharles

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a similar problem and it turned out the actuator had partially "jumped" out of its mounting clip (one or both plastic bushings had disintegrated). Eventually it fell off completely and I could hear/feel it trying to lock and unlock, but nothing in the lock mechanisms moved.

Selahdoor

How can I help you, or make you laugh, today?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You are going to have to take the door panel off, and get in there anyway, to replace it.

You might as well take the panel off now, and get in there and investigate to see if you can figure out the problem. :D

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah if it hasn't "jumped" the actuator is starting to go south. Mine was partially seized, worked fine with the button (when it actually felt like it) but I could barely move the knob to unlock it. I just unhooked it so I could lock the truck manually. I'd replace them but I have a crew cab and needing all four the price adds up too fast to be worth it for me lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online