Dr. Performance Predator Stage III

hotrodlogger

Reaction score
Looking for a little info here. I have a 2500 4x4 with a 5.9 CTD. I went to NADP in Edmonton yesterday looking for a programmer or module with hopes of gaining a little more power and most importantly some additional fuel economy. They recommended a Predator Stage III which they installed at the dealer. I was told I could expect a 2-4 mpg increase with this module. I drove the truck 900 miles yesterday and today driving on cruise at 70 mph the whole trip. My fuel mileage went from low 20s before the module to less than 17 with the module. The truck has quite a bit more power but the check engine light came on at about 700 miles and has not gone off. The truck has 11000 miles on it.

My questions are as follows:

1. Should I actually expect a fuel mileage increase with this module?
2. *** is with the check engine light? Would the module cause this?
3. Did I buy the wrong module?

Any advice would be appreciated!

killer

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Is there a setting that you can put it on that puts out less power? It seemed like I was getting better mileage at lower settings on my chip than higher settings, though I don't have any numbers to back that up.

rubberfish

Reaction score
1. Should I actually expect a fuel mileage increase with this module?
Yes. On lower power settings, but not 2-4. More like 1-2.
2. *** is with the check engine light? Would the module cause this?
Yes again. It's quite possible, and not uncommon.
3. Did I buy the wrong module?
Not necessarily. Go back to the dealer and get the
codes read and cleared first. And then go from there,
once you know what set it off in the first place.

hotrodlogger

Reaction score
Yes. On lower power settings, but not 2-4. More like 1-2.

Yes again. It's quite possible, and not uncommon.

Not necessarily. Go back to the dealer and get the
codes read and cleared first. And then go from there,
once you know what set it off in the first place.

There is no adjustability on this module without ordering a on/off/tow/performance switch from Dr. Performance. I had the code cleared at the dealer yesterday, fuel actuator fault. I have left the module off for now. My friend has the same brand of module only it is a stage I rather than a stage III (85 hp vs. 130 hp) and has had good luck with it. I am considering sending this module back to NADP and exchanging it for a Stage I (they told me 30 day money back if not satisfied) or perhaps trying another brand if anyone has a suggestion, I'm all ears. I don't want huge power, just a little extra and a little more mileage.

Thanks for your replies.

moconst

Reaction score
I have the predator stage 3 too

Just put it in the other day, awesome power now. No check engine light yet. but I have a buddy who has it too, and never had a problem. Just get it rolling before you put your foot in it. or your tranny will suffer. Have fun with it!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7