Down Pipe

international

Drownin' in diesel
Reaction score
So...I was searching and only found DYoungs cobbled down pipe and mention of one I can purchase. I have a couple of questions..

Does anyone have pictures of anything commercially available or any fellow oil burners work?

What good does it do to come right off the turbo with 3.5 inch if the turbo exhaust flange is quite smaller?

Why did they call themselves engineers? The following two pics are embarrassing ;Really

Attachments

• IMAG0300.jpg
    IMAG0300.jpg
    512.5 KB · Views: 19
  • IMAG0303.jpg
    IMAG0303.jpg
    477.2 KB · Views: 19

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Yeah.... That does look terrible but look at it this way... No matter what you did you didn't increase the flow thru that squished banana down pipe. Towcat did a great write up of how he "fixed" these terrible factory down pipes. Never saw much more after that posting..:dunno

Omnious

Reaction score
I just bought the Banks down pipe. It is 2.75" diameter with EGT port. I got it for $105 shipped to my door. The down side of the pipe is not available in SS.

The pipe was a direct bolt in to the factory exhaust, which i am changing out as soon as i have time to a 4" SS unit out of a 97 PSD. Had no issues what so ever with the install and the truck had a noticable pick up in power.

Other than the DP, i have no other mods and it was night and day difference in the trucks personality.

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
I just bought the Banks down pipe. It is 2.75" diameter with EGT port. I got it for $105 shipped to my door. The down side of the pipe is not available in SS.

The pipe was a direct bolt in to the factory exhaust, which i am changing out as soon as i have time to a 4" SS unit out of a 97 PSD. Had no issues what so ever with the install and the truck had a noticable pick up in power.

Other than the DP, i have no other mods and it was night and day difference in the trucks personality.

You do NOT want a 4" DP you will have to cut and plate your floor/firewall to fit a 4" DP. On top of it is a COMPLETE overkill and you will get NO improvement out of it

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The reason for the crushed downpipe was so that Ford could easily make it clear the firewall. 3" is tight even after cutting the firewall away and peeling it back some. Brad may be right that the 4" just won't fit.

international

Drownin' in diesel
Reaction score
Well, I can confirm that 3.5" wont fit even with the firewall lip bent. I think it's going to be 3" only. Of course I have no body lift and an E4OD. I would imagine 3.5 inch would fit with a 2" body lift, although tight.

rjjp

Needs to go test
Reaction score
The Banks downpipe was part of the stinger kit. The downpipe part number is 52103.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk

Members online