double OD and other nonsense......

92F350CC

Ford Man
Reaction score
Does Cali take issue to converting an F250 into a dually and using it as a one-ton?

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does Cali take issue to converting an F250 into a dually and using it as a one-ton?
only when I am caught. :D
i can't change the VIN, but I can ditch the F250 badges. if it wasn't for the fact DOT is hip to the 10 lugnuts on a F450 and DMV won't renew the reg on a diesel f450 starting 2015, I would be putting new f350 badges on my f450's :eek:

Fordsandguns

Fords Rule
Reaction score
i can't change the VIN, but I can ditch the F250 badges. if it wasn't for the fact DOT is hip to the 10 lugnuts on a F450 and DMV won't renew the reg on a diesel f450 starting 2015, I would be putting new f350 badges on my f450's :eek:

So you couldn't get away with putting a 350 cab on the 450 frame or using the ten lug axles and springs under a 350?

FordGuy100

Reaction score
it isn't the '85. it's the '87 aka the "Sulaco"(aliens 2 movie). the '85 is currently under contract for sale.
the purpose of this truck is for salvage/recovery and to haul a gooseneck trailer large enough to haul a CC dually without getting DOT attention. with the new smog laws, F450's are an endangered species, so I need to reconfigure my towing fleet.

Dont want to come off as dumb....but why cant you just register your vehicles to your Tx address?

Obviously you cant, but whats the legal jargin behind that?

92F350CC

Ford Man
Reaction score
Most states, and I imagine Cali is no exception, require you to register your vehicle in the state after a specified period of time. I think here in Utah, it's something like 60-90 days. Being that he uses his trucks for his business, it's going to be really hard to get around that or hide the fact that you're in state most of the time.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Calvin, how many cams you got laying around? pm if you like.

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gotcha. Only d60 i've seen in the junkyard was a foot deep in a mud puddle lol. Then I need to find the zf5 that will direct swap with the t19 outta a f450 I think.

Fuel economy should be pretty nice if you ever run it empty

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So you couldn't get away with putting a 350 cab on the 450 frame or using the ten lug axles and springs under a 350?
My goal is to stay off or below the radar as much as possible. It's going to be pretty obvious with a GN trailer for starters. F450 axles invite a closer look and I want the "4wd" capability. F450's generally don't offer that unless you want a very expensive custom build. I have TX plates on my '92. my official residence is in TX. I've pulled a Uhaul trailer in kali and never gotten a second look from a DOT. Everybody thinks you're moving in/out of the state so that's no biggie with a Uhaul. With a privately owned GN, that will be a whole new can of worms. Lastly, I intend to look like I am running under the 40 ft OAL rule. that is why the SC rather than a CC. Ford at that time never made a F350 dually 4x4 SC. But that is a little known fact unless you are a resident ford nut.

asmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score

a little off topic, but why wont they renew the regs? i see f-450s all the time, are all of these people going to have a problem? I mean Ford really just started pushing the 450 as a personal truck.

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
So what kind of gears are going to be used in the end and is it overdriven like stated or an underdrive version? And you're telling me that F-Superdutys are as good as scrap in Kali come 2015?:eek::backoff Looks like a project to pay attention to, nice work, Calvin.;Sweet

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

7.3_IDI_guy

Currently ******'
Reaction score
Looks like you got a problem calvin, good luck with that man thats gotta suck. But... too bad you don't live in my neck of the woods where there are ABSOLUTELY NO emissions regulations :D Now for how long I don't know but for right now i'm pretty happy about that.

Fordsandguns

Fords Rule
Reaction score
My goal is to stay off or below the radar as much as possible. It's going to be pretty obvious with a GN trailer for starters. F450 axles invite a closer look and I want the "4wd" capability. F450's generally don't offer that unless you want a very expensive custom build. I have TX plates on my '92. my official residence is in TX. I've pulled a Uhaul trailer in kali and never gotten a second look from a DOT. Everybody thinks you're moving in/out of the state so that's no biggie with a Uhaul. With a privately owned GN, that will be a whole new can of worms. Lastly, I intend to look like I am running under the 40 ft OAL rule. that is why the SC rather than a CC. Ford at that time never made a F350 dually 4x4 SC. But that is a little known fact unless you are a resident ford nut.

What about using just the 450 springs on a 350 to help with the weight of the GN?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online