Double din radio install

Thatguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll have to put this here because there is no audio forum (hint). I have this double din Pioneer touchscreen DVD player that I bought some time ago for an Expedition I bought that ended up being stolen (the expedition) and had to be returned to the dealership so then this radio sat on the shelf in my garage until I installed it in my Blazer. I am getting rid of the Blazer and it won't fit in my Lincoln, its too long and while I could do the major surgery to the hole to make it fit I am not going to..... I am just going to put a screen where the Lincolns radio is and remote mount a control unit in the center console.... (sorry for the rambling)

I am not going to put it in my Porsche because well.... its a porsche (76 911 turbo cabriolet and does not need a radio) so that leaves the dually.

You guys that have taken out the dash board ......... if I took out the factory radio (duh) and cut the trim under it down to the climate controls is there enough room to mount a Double din radio. it is standard length and double height (for those that don't know what double din is) but the location of the heat sink on the back of the radio does not alow me to install it in My Lincoln. I won't have the radio here until my Mom gets back from Arizona and I don't want to take the dash apart unless there is a problem behind it or I know the radio will fit

anything?

Thatguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah.... But there is a way to do it. I read 3 threads on psn about it. Just not sure it is worth the effort when I can buy a single din with a flip out screen for navi and blue tooth.

I need to talk to you about your onboard air sometime. I just replaced the compressor on my ISX and was thinking I could make the old one belt driven.... If I go to electric over hydraulic brakes then I can remove the vac pump and have a hole for the compressor..... Get an electric vac pump for the hvac.

zpd307

Reaction score
lots of write ups on it. i have seen lots of pics of the install. i would have this done all ready if i didnt have better reasons to spend my money..... i am talking about a 99-07 sd. what year is the dually?

Thatguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
96 ...... I have an OBS. I know it will go into a 99+. I originally bought it for my Expedition and that was a either a 97 or a 98 (only had it 2 months).

the point is moot ....... My ma got back from AZ and I told her I was thinking about selling the blazer and she asked how much, I said $8000 (trail blazer package, very nice car, covered under warranty till the clock reads 168,***), she said to rich for my blood, I said you may have to drive the Lincoln until you can afford a car (she is saving to buy one for cash) she said the Lincoln sits to low to the ground for her to drive at night, so I said you can drive the Blazer as long as you need it.

and no...... I am not giving her a car, she would not accept it anyways, my brother already tried to give her a 2001 Jetta and she won't accept it. despite my arguing with her she still insist on giving me $100 a month for rent and food (I put it away to add to her car fund)

Thatguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found the answer after I posted here....... I don't like PSN and I didn't want to have to sign up to see the pics of the install. but after I posted I looked at it, ust looks like too much effort over a radio.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fizzle