Door panel repair kit

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Does anyone know where to get this? My driver side panel has an annoying vibration when I come to a stop some times and it is bc two of the plastic brackets inside the panel are broken so I can't put the little plastic plug (the ones You press in) to hold it to the sheet metal (hard to explain), someone already installed one of this brackets (glued or something) in the panel on another section and it works perfect but I can't see any part # or brand name in it so I wonder if anyone has come to this point before as well, maybe Darrin could know :)hail ) about this.

Thank You.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Darrin is on vacation in Florida for a family birthday - he was headed back yesterday afternoon - it's a long flight when you have to flap yer arms so he's probably pretty tired... LOL

Ok seriously... you probably could go to a junk yard and pick up a door panel and cut the good ones off and then glue them to your door panel. I would use some sort of a two part epoxy as I find them to hold better than super glue or much of anything else. You could also plastic weld them into to place. What I would do is cut the ones on your door panel down flat and then cut around the donor ones because that will give you more surface area to work with so you get a better bond.

Or you could use some decorative screws and screw it to the door. You have get caps that go under the screw and then have a top cap that snap in place over the screw you can get those in black and wood grain finish or you could stop at the model store and get some paint to make them match your interior color. I doubt you would hardly notice them. and you know that the screw won't come undone.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Thank You Travis, that is provably what I'll end up doing but the one that was replaced before I bought My truck really looks like a kit which is why I thought maybe Darrin would know about it. Still the ones from the junk yard will cost a lot less. What do You think will hold better, the plastic solder or the 2 part epoxy.

Thank You.

Double-S-Diesel

parts seller
Reaction score
use the 2 part plastic epoxy, advance has it.
I have used it on a few dash boards where the fuel switch is, and have just used it on the 95 to fix the dreaded pass side bracket.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online