does anyone do stupid stuff like us?

imfixinmopars

Full Access Member
Reaction score
since were sharing,i have to admit that a few of us "field race".i have a 3/4 mile course on our farm and race these cars.i think we are on the 15th car,and the most mile i got on one was 180 miles on a chev corsica,sorry ford fans.our guts hurt from laughing at the end of the day,and crashes and roll overs are known to happen.oh im 43 yrs young too.enjoy :rotflmao

Attachments

• shannonspics 065.jpg
    shannonspics 065.jpg
    192 KB · Views: 182

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
before my buddy got divorced we used to do that.now another friend and i pick up cars at auctions for a junkyard.we have a mini demo derby with the cars.the guards love us.he will be pushing me out with a dead car,reach the gaurd shack and i rip the ebrake on and make him hit me.the gaurds love it! :rotflmao :rotflmao

imfixinmopars

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cool and we thought we were the only one to enjoy beating crap fwd cars,oh and your truck is fast,i had a 79 trans-am, 403 a/t,all stock,it ran 15:30s all day.your truck makes the car look pretty sad,lol

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
A good friend of mine had an old VW bug, No glass, rotted floor, but a fresh rebuilt engine. We we out in the field,( I was driving) buzzing around, and came across a large puddle (for lack of a better word) about 20 feet in diameter 12" deep. He looks and screams "NO WAY MAN". SO... I hammered on it and took off for the hole. As we hit the water, the water flies over the hood headed for the windshield(or lack there of). My buddy ducks towards the floor to get away from the water, just as the water and mud come up though the floor(or lack there of) and hit him right smack in the face. I laughed my ass off as he called me every name in the book. So ya, we do that kind of stuff here too. Good times.

imfixinmopars

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the sad thing is that i can perfectly see that happening,i laughing out loud at 7:30 am,thanks

Headhunter_5.9

there it is Johnny!
Reaction score
:cheers: uuuhhh yep... GUILTY!!!!! had a couple of tempo's that we beat up for about a month.... the best part.. they didn't cost us a dime! an ole boy had 'em on an auction and they didn't even get a bid so he gave 'em to us!!! ;Sweet ;Sweet did we ever have a good time w/ those 2 pieces.. and the best part of the whole deal... we beat the crap outta them and then I took 'em to the junk yard and got $60 a piece for them!!

good times had by all!

:rotflmao :Sly :Sly

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Uh guilty as charged here also. :D
A buddy had an old Dodge Colt and I had a toyota Celica and every Saturday we'd hit the fields with the track set up and run em hard till the Colt would run out of oil. Fill it up with some used oil and hit it again.
Hours of entertainment. ;Sweet

PackRat

Buzzard Pilot
Reaction score
Once, I got an ****** wagon, just for hauling it off. A buddy and I worked half a day, to get it running, then took it to the country, for a "test drive" It ran about 2 1/2 miles flat out, before it shucked a couple rods.

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
That is actually a sport 'round here. One of the Vol. Fire Dept.'s in the county I just moved out of sponsers a Demo Derby 3 or 4 times a summer as a fund raiser. Along with the derby, there mini motorcycle races, tug-o-war with trucks, daredevil jumping of cars (someone will die from that soon), & the Compact race. Only rule is it has to be a compact fwd car. Other than that...no rules. Races are 5 minutes long 'round the derby pit. ANYTHING goes. It's 5 minutes of pure carnage ;Sweet Anybody can enter any event, except the jumping. Never done the compacts, that is OUT OF CONTROL. Derby is alot of fun though.

chris88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We got ya beat. 18 cars on my friends farm and 450 miles on a 93 pathfinder. That thing did not want to die. Most cars only last a week or so though. We have had 3 grand marquis a couple oldsmobiles and even a chevy P-30 van with a 4bt cummins. Talk about good wheelies. We used to get the front tires 6 inches off the ground just by rockin the throttle in 2nd. Good to see we're not the only ones.

Chris

F350CCFX4

Reaction score
Does having 8 guys in a Ford Fairmont Wagon count? With an inline 6 and 5 spd going terrace jumping? Not little ones either. Most were close to 40ft tall. Have to love the hills in IA.