100_1035.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 26
  • 100_1036.jpg
    100_1036.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 26

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Automatic? What dothey run to? I'm gonna guess tranny cooler or something but I can't make them larger pics on my iPhone cause the site closes them when I try zooming in on my phone.

Knuckledragger

blowing chunks and grabbing porcelain
Reaction score
Looks like a splice into the heater line. Why is it going to (coming from?) the radiator?

jonathan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its a automatic truck. the pic on the left tees into the heater hose that goes to the water pump. the other pic goes in to the bottom of the radiator

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On another look, and gauging from what they said above, I'm curious why one line is tee'd from the heater hose?

Maybe double drain ***** to help bleed the coolant thoroughly? Wish I could see it better

Knuckledragger

blowing chunks and grabbing porcelain
Reaction score
No, you don't need it. The bigger question is why it even exists? And is there a special bung on the bottom of the radiator?

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I investigated this item some years ago. Here is what it is and what it does. Its a factory line that sends a very small amount of coolant from the return line of the heater. Its not from the supply side of the heater. The idea is to send warm coolant faster to the bottom of the radiator to speed up the warmi up of the atf going thru the radiater. Now for the bung in the lower radiater tank. Its for 5/8 hose but its drilled out to around 1/8 inch....:eek: Kinda shocking isn't it. Now lets go back up to the heater supply line from the head. It has a special brass fitting. Now in this fitting there is a designed piece of black rubber that restricts the flow a lot. So now what are you going to do.... You can't buy the supply fitting anymore. I searched the us and found only one so I bought it. The real question to ask is was this special three way line really needed.... Nope. Now remove said line... Remove the bung in the lower radiater tank and install a plug. You can do this without draining the coolant but you need to work fast. Cut the hose off and pull it up above the top of the radiater. The small amount thats leaking out the bung is no big deal if you leave the radiater cap on the tank. Replace the heater return line to the water pump and your done...