dismal fuel milage even cruising on highway

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just another idea Rob, since your EBV was possibly slightly askew, maybe this caused enough turbulance or slow down of the exhaust to cause a greater accumulation of soot in your converter. I think you should gut it ASAP. Did you ever do the rolling test? I realize it may not be valid since the weights of the trucks would not be the same, but maybe you could get them weighed and ballast one accordingly.

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
i did do the rolling test on a local road that goes down to the river. the results were inconclusive. both trucks behaved very similarly, gaining and losing speed about equally on the down and uphills, and both made the entire trip to the bottom in neutral with no engine power. i figured any weight difference between the two would even out since there are both uphill and downhill sections. hence the heavier truck would lose speed on the uphills and cancel out any weight advantage on the downholl slopes.

at any rate i am getting into the 13s now and i got 14.1 once. still unimpressive but better than my winter milage.

next time i have an extra $450 i plan on getting a stainless 4" MBRP turbo-back exhaust. i dont see any sense in messing with the stock system, mostly because if i take it off i dont want to put it back on. your theory about the EBPV sooting up the cat may have some merit. i also want to properly gut the EBPV when i upgrade exhausts. with the turbo lag i have i know my exhaust has to be plugged up.

for the time being i am just living with it. i love how comfortable the truck is or else i'd try and sell it and go back to an IDI. i have never had a vehicle with as much leg room and the 8 way power seat helps my back a ton. at least fuel is a tax writeoff for me now.