Diesel Rip Offs

Reaction score
Has anyone dealt with Diesel Care & Performance Inc.??
Well I did and here goes.
First I called and the owner Bill Williams answers the phone and I ask for a rebiult inj pump for my 1994 f-350 with 7.3 IDI turbo and he say he will ship ups and I should recieve it tues. I told him I was staying at my friends house In OK. and was in hurry to get bak to MA because I was supposed to have left allready and My medicines could not be filled in OK because of there Laws. He said no prob. well tuesday came and no pump, called Mr william again and he gave me a tracking number that didn't work so he said I will overnight it. OK got it thursday and Installed it, only to find it was leaking ten time worse than my original.
well come to find out the top oring seal was folded over and splitn in half, though these pumps were calibrated and if so the tech would have been soaking in fluids. hum wonder bout that, anyways I called Mr William again Friday to ask for permission to break seal and took photos for him. and at the same offer to go to wally world and buy a movie camera for the special event and he said it wasn't necesary. wow what a nice guy I thaught. any ways after removing the cover to my supprise I found rust settling on top of metering rod sitting on the rectangular flat shiny piece of metal. I was freacking only to realize my brand new inject have allready been subjected to this **** when we first started it and found this pump leaking, ok I said to myself this **** will go out to return of tank I hope. we sucked all ot the **** we could. got it running and on my way to Mr williams shop to check out his so called top of the line setup. when I got there friday morning in TN at 7:30 I was early and had wait for the ownwer to show up and yes he was late. this bothers me because anyone know you judge a shop by the attendance relating to priorities if you know what I mean. I was not very welcome by him and he could not look me in the eye. I knew then I was in for it. He ask how it was installed and I told that my friend was a diesel expert and did time it by ear.nso he said oh thats not right and we will time it for you. well it took three hour for this and he didn't even use a timing device. the Kid Jesse who did was a real stand up guy. If it werent for him I would have left the shop immeadiatly and trucked somewhere to be fixed. now supposidly time I left and no mention of refund for the work I had to due to this rebuilt or the fact I went 200 miles out of my to get there for this meraculess fix. forgive my spelling not a scholar LOL. anyways on I went to MA. only to die over 100 mile short of my destination. wow what could it be. how about three cloged injectors and guess what not the intented for a turbo either. seems Mr Williams like to collect the turbo version for his own reasons. wonder what that might be???. Anyways now That I am in over a thousand bucks and definatley feeling ripped off I call Mr. Williams and he says My mechanic installed wrong. and if this were the case why didn't he say this when I brought in for the fix?? I said this guy knows more than your whole shop put together and his name is Old MrBill and a Diesel expert if I had ever known one. buy the way they rebuild there pump on a long bench in front of an open bay door with the wind blowing in freely. I though these pumps were normally built in a cleaner fashon but what do I know I'm just a Certified Tech with his masters degree in Automotive. Mr. Williams doesn't know this yet but I reversed charges on my visa and lodged complaint on his company. thanks for the head aches Diesel Care and Performance Inc. Oh yeah the Idle kick up soliniod dosen't work either. So please tell me if any of had a run in with Mr Williams Thanks.

PS look for old mr bills also. Thanks ET

Last edited:

SKimballC

Reaction score
Oh, I hate to hear that about a local diesel shop. If any body's ever in need of injection work in the mid-south look up www.taylordiesel.com, they have 6 shops in TN, MO, and AR and are good folks. I don't know how Diesel Care keeps selling so much stuff on Ebay and has a 99.1% feedback rating after all the crap I have heard about them. I won't be buying anything they've rebuilt.

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
Geez, & I thought my pump dilema was bad. Now I feel stupid. However, Ken did & does stand behind his stuff 110%. Sorry to hear about your troubles.

oldmisterbill

Grumpy Old Man
Reaction score
Deisel Care injection pumps Memphis Tennessee
Well now for my 2 bits. I did most of the installation of Emerys Pump.Many of you know me and trust my judgment(I hope).I bet I have changed over a dozen of these pumps-with no problems.It was installed properly with attention to cleanliness.Yes timed by ear as i don't have a timing setup for deisels.It leaked like a seive when we started it-right out of the top cover.I thought how could it be tested and how could the internal pressures be correct during testing?I told Emery "we won't open the top untill we have called the shop(Deisel Care) and got thier permission.They said go ahead-the oring seal was out of the groove-cut in half.After we started it it smoked like crazy It couldn't be delivering fuel correctly.There was brown waterey crud in the top chamber of the pump(to late it had been run for a few minutes qnd with a set of brand new stealership injectors-NICE!!!!! We ordered a pump for a 1994 IDI turbo(the reason I had made the post about the correct pump #S.It didn't have the external fuel adjustment-I called mr williams and he said it would be fine he had made up f0r the difference in calabration,and he seldom shipped the 94 external fuel adjustment type pumps.Fortunatly I said well if this is so I had a pump thet Emery had just brought down from MA from my old home up there an olds 84 6.9 pump-he hesitated then said "in this case I'll accept the older style for a core(Hmm he must have wanted to swap an older pump for a real 1994 style pump,but I told him we wanted the otigional pump for us to rebuild.The truck ran rough he told Emery to stop on his way north after a 3 hour wait in Memphis they timed it by ear and told him he could do nothing for him since the pump was Installed wrong.How could this be/funny he never said what was wrong with the installation.
I must have left a greasy finger print on it.
We ordered the pump on monday and asked for overnight air because Emery has some medical issues that were very serious and required him to get back quickly.On tuesday -no pump.We called and were givenm a UPS tracking # that would come up on UPS records-we called Deisel care telling them of the urgency-Mr Williams assured us the pump was shipped but he would ship another right away .He asked us to return the second pump that arrived back to him.Funny we have still never recieved the first pump9Was it ever shipped on monday? on the way home with no traailer the best the truck would do was 75 MPH (1994 factory turbo,ZF 5 speed CC) darn they were slow in 1994 huh?
I guess in short I am hurt because I reccomended them because I had heard a few decent reports about them.And now I feel responsible for a frind having so much trouble.
8 new injectors run with crap in them-200 miles out of his way to let them personally see how it was running and check our work when we replaced the junk cover seal.Extra fuel burned because of poor MPG on a 1700 mile trip-
him saying the pump was installed wrong 3 days after it was in his shop.And insulting my workmanship just to cover his own lousy work.
You guys draw your own conclusion-I will never do or give Deisel care service any business whatsoever.
Lousy company-Lousey ethics-lousy workmanship-Just all over lousey.
Aslo you oldtimers know I don't bash people or companys without a good reason.
Thanks "ANGRY" Mr Bill
Sorry I am totally- errevoikably-unequiviqubilicy
---- OFF

Last edited:

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Most of us went through this one time at least, sorry to see this happen to You, but is good to know so next time they wont have ur business.

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
thats why I went local shop.
I'd considered diesel care on account of their prices.....
I like to have the option of throwing a defective pump at the owner.

we should really start a sticky of different reputable places to get part across the country.

Lott Diesel (international dealer) in Douglas Ga
Shiver Diesel (fuel injection) Tifton Ga
Midway truck (junkyard) Douglas, Ga

DieselBurps

Reaction score
Shiver is here in Tallahassee, FL as well - same owner apparently. They do know their stuff and I've found them to be very helpful.

Mr_Roboto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know I've said this before but here it goes again.

If you are buying a "rebuild" it means that the unit was taken apart and reassembled with new seals, and any obviously bad parts replaced.

A "remanufactured" unit is restored to factory clearances.

All a rebuild is is a used unit with new seals........ Of course some "rebuilds" may be of better quality, but those are the technical definitions...

adelyser

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, I've dealt with them, and dealt with them more, and ended up reversing the charges on my credit card too. Here's the post I added to:

http://www.oilburners.net/forums/showthread.php?t=13071

Basically, my story boils down to this:

I've dealt with dieselcare, and will never deal with them again. I bought some injectors for my mom's GM 6.5 turbo diesel, and he lost my order, so it took an extra week to get my parts. We later ordered an injector pump for the same truck, and after it was installed by the GM dealer, the pump tested bad and the truck would hardly run. Diesel care overnighted us another pump, and after paying for another install, the second pump did the exact same thing. We sent both pumps back, ordered a brand new pump from GM, and after install, everything was perfect.

My pump I bought was installed by a certified GM dealer that specializes in diesels, on a GM truck, and Bill Williams was still insisting that the tech didn't know what they were doing. BTW, this was on my mom's GM truck, I'd never own one of those!

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Bill, I know you know what your doing. Some punk that says differant is full-o-crap.... Aron, I remember your post. I read alot and try not to bash anybody till I'm sure its really a bad deal. Its really too bad someone has to be ripped off before we collectively know the guys a **** and his works really smells. This is what this site is all about. Truck owners looking out for the well being of other owners. Its almost like reliegon. I still don't understand why we can't see that this is planet earth and we are all human beings on planet earth.... I know... Some are not worthy but still .....:confused:

adelyser

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with DeepRoots, being still fairly new to the whole diesel scene, it's tough to search for the good places to shop. I've read a bunch of different places that have served others well, but I can only remember a few.

Maybe a sticky with reputable places to purchase parts and tools, as well as places to avoid would be of great benefit, especially to someone like me.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Places to avoid

It would probably be easier to start a list of places that are NOT worthy of Oil Burner status. Click Here

haywire

Reaction score
man am i glad i read this thread, i've got a cummins that needs rebuilt and i was planning to order a kit from those guys this winter(they got one priced pretty cheap). thanx for the good info.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadScientist