Did I screw up or overlook?

austin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went to remove the interior cab light bulb today and broke it... in the midst of that, the contacts touched and flamed up for a second. So I broke out the screw driver and just removed the whole unit.

Anywho, I went on to install some sound deadener and finished that. When I went to start the truck (I was going see how well the deadener did) the buzzer didn't go off for the GP's. (1st Flag) So I waited on the light to go off (Still worked...) and continued the starting process. Turn to start it the engine would just turn and turn, but didn't fire.

Did I burn something up?

Now, let me add something in here for fun... I removed the fuel tank selector switch. The front tank is dry, and the rear full. Maybe it's trying to pull from the front since I don't have the switch in?

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Push on the schrader valve at the fuel filter and see if you have fuel.

Brimmstone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sounds like you blew a fuse. Check them with a test light. I can't remember which one it is but I'm pretty sure the fuse for interior lights connects into the glow plug circuit somewhere.

Brimmstone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would check the fuse in position 8 first myself. If it's dead on both sides you blew a fusible link or one of the fuses in the box on the drivers side fenderwell.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are no fuses under the hood on a 90, all inside on drivers side dash.

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
turn your key on, and lift the hood. Pull the wire off the DRIVER SIDE of the IP and listen for a "CLICK"....if you got a click, your fuel shutoff solenoid is working.

If there is no click, you have a blown fuse or a melted wire somewheres.

Cross over the starter solenoid on the inner fender on the passenger side and check the schrader valve for pressurized fuel.

Next, check for 12 volts at the glow plug connectors. If you have 12 volts here, you have power to the GP's, make sure the GP's are good. You remember how to check the GP's for being burntout, right?

If all the wiring checks out, and you have fuel at the schrader valve, roll the engine and look for white smoke at the tailpipe. If you have NO white smoke, and everythig else checks out...your pump might have given up the ghost, OR you have a bad air intrusion.

Crack open, but don't remove 2 injector lines and the injectors and hold the pump in the WOT position and cross that fender mounted solenoid over...look for fuel at the injectors you loosened up.

I am going to say its related to your interior light issue, and its a blown fuse.

But if you are getting a click at the right hand side terminal of the pump and 12 volts at the GP's and they are good....things might not be so good..

austin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced a fuse and got the click... Gonna get back at it tomorrow with your info Chris.

austin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went outside after letting it sit for a couple of days... started right up!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online