*&#%$!!! Did I buy the wrong booster?

Twostacks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doing a Hydroboost conversion on my 1994 F250 so I ordered the hoses and hydroboost from Advanced Auto Online, the reseviour I'll get from the stealership.
My issue is that the hydroboost came without the master cylinder push rod:mad: the instructions say to remove the rod and spring from old and install on the new one, I don't have an old one to remove from.
I recall reading a thread when I was doing my research that it happen to another member but I can't seem to find the thread.
Do I return the hydro unit and get another year and hope that it has the rod and spring or does anyone know where I can get the rod and spring, by the way not many pick n pulls by me, the few are picked clean

Oh, the hydro unit is for a 1994 F Superduty

Vince

94turboidi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think you can buy that part? But I bought completely used for that reason and if I had a problem then I could just get a new one and switch my parts. If you could possibly find a core to buy for those parts that might be your best bet.

bubblegum

stray catgirl
Reaction score
This is very common issue among the Chevy/GMC crowd, every now and then someone will develop a leak in their factory hydroboost thing and buy a new one and return the old one as a core on the spot, then when they get home they realize the new booster did not come with the pushrod (and some other parts that go with it). I do not know why this is happening, nobody on the GM boards seems to have a good explanation why the people who repair the boosters throw away the old pusrods and stuff without moving them to the "new" boosters, these pushrods do not really wear out so it is all one big mystery (at least to me). What GM people do is either go to the junkyard and pull a pushrod from a fullsize truck or an Astro van, or have someone else do this for them and then send them the part over mail. Maybe this is also possible with a Ford-specific hydroboost, if the pushrod is the same length as that of a GM truck or Astro van?

P.S. - my first techy-useful post on Oilburners - yay!!! LOL

Edit: You can buy the part for the GM booster, but it is silly-expensive. Possibly the same situation with Fords?

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
This is very common issue among the Chevy/GMC crowd, every now and then someone will develop a leak in their factory hydroboost thing and buy a new one and return the old one as a core on the spot, then when they get home they realize the new booster did not come with the pushrod (and some other parts that go with it). I do not know why this is happening, nobody on the GM boards seems to have a good explanation why the people who repair the boosters throw away the old pusrods and stuff without moving them to the "new" boosters, these pushrods do not really wear out so it is all one big mystery (at least to me). What GM people do is either go to the junkyard and pull a pushrod from a fullsize truck or an Astro van, or have someone else do this for them and then send them the part over mail. Maybe this is also possible with a Ford-specific hydroboost, if the pushrod is the same length as that of a GM truck or Astro van?

P.S. - my first techy-useful post on Oilburners - yay!!! LOL

Edit: You can buy the part for the GM booster, but it is silly-expensive. Possibly the same situation with Fords?

Sounds about right...the auto industry trying to take a person for all they are worth. Imagine if the junkyards knew what those parts were worth lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin

Members online