Diagnostic Manual

ironworker40

NYC Ironworker
Reaction score
I bought this Ford manual, most of it covers gas engine diagnosis. It covers cars and trucks also has some other ford diesel engine sections.
It has 66 pages covering the 7.3 diagnostics. It has a section on pinpoint tests for glow plugs and a great section on pinpoint test for air intrusion, including how to install and use clear tubing when diagnosing air intrusion.
If anyone needs info out of this book let me know and I will be glad to help out if I can.
I have an idea to scan and post the 7.3 sections, especially the glow plug and air intrusion sections, to benefit all on this forum. The only thing is to scan 66 pages on my scanner would be painfully slow. Then I don't know how to put it in a file that could be e mailed or posted. If someone has this ability I will take the 7.3 pages to staples, make a copy and send them to you to in the mail.
All in all I think $17 for this book was well worth it.

Attachments

• IMG_0697.jpg
    IMG_0697.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0700.jpg
    IMG_0700.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0699.jpg
    IMG_0699.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0698.jpg
    IMG_0698.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 9

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd see if they...Staples can scan and make a PDF of the pages you are talking about, for the price of doing copy. If not I could and would be able to at this time scan and create PDF's of the pages and zip the file and load it to the site or send it to an ADMIN and have them load it up....

Just tossing ideas, but Staples could possible do it for a small fee ;)

ironworker40

NYC Ironworker
Reaction score
I was just checking there website to see if that was a service they offer. I din't find anything but I will ask when I go there. I will try to get there before work today. If not I will make a copy and send it to you.

whitehorse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow...that's a good deal for 17 bucks...here at work we have them all the way back to 82....dealers are supposed to keep them but this one slid by...

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Information like this is priceless if you do not have it. For $17.00 you stole this.. Nice buy really and great offer to others.

Hans13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a shop manual specifically for Ford IDI's coming in the mail. I believe I paid $52-ish? They have them on eBay.

ironworker40

NYC Ironworker
Reaction score
Okay staples wanted $.50 a page to make a pdf. so you guesed it, I made a copy of the 66 pages for $.12 a page and I will send it to riotwarrior to do his thing. Drop me a pm with your mailing address riotwarrior.

ironworker40

NYC Ironworker
Reaction score
Information like this is priceless if you do not have it. For $17.00 you stole this.. Nice buy really and great offer to others.
I'm Glad to help thanks
I have a cd with the 1993 repair books on it, diesel supplement included that I want to pass around also. I think I will start by sending it to riotwarrior then he can copy it and pass it on, If he wants to. Either send the cd to someone and the next person can send it off to someone else, unless someone can do it electronically. I tried but I can't send a file that large.

Last edited:

Zaggnutt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was just checking there website to see if that was a service they offer. I din't find anything but I will ask when I go there. I will try to get there before work today. If not I will make a copy and send it to you.

I will help in any way I can. Let me know. Just a side note, I recently got the Haynes Diesel Repair Manual #1736 that covers GM and 6.9/7.3 for $8.97 on Ebay w/free shipping. No, that is not a typo. It was from a GoodWill store in Missouri somewhere. Dirty and used, but intact. PwrSmke recommended it and it has been very helpful already. Keep your eyes peeled and the deals pop up from time to time.

madpogue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haynes manual doesn't hold a candle to the OEMs. In decades past, they would sometimes have helpful hints for fabbing alternatives to the "special tools" called for in the FSMs. But that's about all they're good for; most of the info is just oo generic. That price is no surprise, aboout what the book is worth.

Zaggnutt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haynes manual doesn't hold a candle to the OEMs. In decades past, they would sometimes have helpful hints for fabbing alternatives to the "special tools" called for in the FSMs. But that's about all they're good for; most of the info is just oo generic. That price is no surprise, aboout what the book is worth.

Wow, I have the exact opposite impression. I have one of the diesel supplements from ford and I like the Haynes much better. Better pics and better step by steps. Good info though. I'll be adding to the collection I'm sure.

stealth13777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for putting this out there for us. Everything helps; easier access just makes the work go faster!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online