deployment modifications

loggin350

Reaction score
hey there everybody, I'm a US Marine and gonna be deploying in the next couple of months and want to get some work done on my truck while im gone, i dont really know what parts and everything i want and dont have much time to research due to training and all the other stuff before deployment, this is just a off the top of my head list of things i want replaced, i am hoping some experienced members here can direct me to the best options for what to get

and it is a 93 f350 with a 7.3l N/A, zf-5, reg. cab long bed, 4x4

1. new fuel system(its old may as well freshen it all up, and want a little more power
if possible withought breaking the bank for crazy ip's or injectors
2. clutch (single mass conversion?)
3. differential gears (not sure whats best for 38's i have 35's now with what
believe to be 3.55 gears
4. new glowplug system (fries plugs not sure if its a relay or what electronics kill my
brain)

thatrs about all i can think of its got 207 somethin thousand miles on it with mostly all original parts so any other suggestions of good upgrades etc would be greatly appreciated. and the work will be done by a regular shop so custom modifications and that type of thing are kinda out of the question unless someone knows a good place in upstate ny for these trucks.

thanks - Matt

loggin350

Reaction score
haha i wish a dt466 was feasable right now and i would like to do it now so its not off the road for a while when i get back i dont have much time to do what i want and when i get it i want to be able to jump in the truck and go and i drive from north carolina to ny often it needs to be reliable