Dash Gauges

bjohnson

Reaction score
I have a problem and hoped somebody else has been through the same thing.My dash gauges,radio and swithed dome lights are on the blink.Everything works till I turn on the key.Was told by dealer might be the circuit board and they are like gold.

JohnBoyToo

Reaction score
What year model engine do you have ?

Have you considered taking it to another dealer for a second opinion.. :)

Is it possible it is a wiring harness chafing somewhere ?

good luck ....

bjohnson

Reaction score
What year model engine do you have ?

Have you considered taking it to another dealer for a second opinion.. :)

Is it possible it is a wiring harness chafing somewhere ?

good luck ....

2004 F250 Diesel. Been to 4 dealers and two Independant shops.They have never seen a problem like this and none can tell me where the relay that is tripping.Its not in the fuse panel I checked them.I just don't want to pay a dealer to replace parts till they find the fault all on my dollars.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
bjohnson,

How is the condition of your batteries, and the alternator? Do you have a voltmeter in the truck? I was having issues with my alternator, the factory unit went Tango Uniform, replaced it with a reman from NAPA, that reman went Tango Uniform, replaced it with another reman, Tango Uniform, and now they have swapped out a new for the second TU reman. When the first reman went TU the battery light did not come on, but I had a cigarette lighter plugin volt meter (I know not the best but better than nothing) but at ~ 10 volts the stereo shut down, and at ~ 9 volts the instrument cluster shut down, no indications at all, Speedo, Tach, idiot lights, it was like the truck was shut off. The engine was still running but the all the in-dash electronics shut down. When the second reman went TU, the battery light did come on, and I was at ~ 11.5 volts at the time. You may have a supply problem of some type. Do you have any trouble getting the truck to start, or keeping the batteries charged?

bjohnson

Reaction score
bjohnson,

How is the condition of your batteries, and the alternator? Do you have a voltmeter in the truck? I was having issues with my alternator, the factory unit went Tango Uniform, replaced it with a reman from NAPA, that reman went Tango Uniform, replaced it with another reman, Tango Uniform, and now they have swapped out a new for the second TU reman. When the first reman went TU the battery light did not come on, but I had a cigarette lighter plugin volt meter (I know not the best but better than nothing) but at ~ 10 volts the stereo shut down, and at ~ 9 volts the instrument cluster shut down, no indications at all, Speedo, Tach, idiot lights, it was like the truck was shut off. The engine was still running but the all the in-dash electronics shut down. When the second reman went TU, the battery light did come on, and I was at ~ 11.5 volts at the time. You may have a supply problem of some type. Do you have any trouble getting the truck to start, or keeping the batteries charged?

Cranks and runs fine.When I turn key on a relay cuts power to dash which has several things in the same wiring harness.Leave key turned off a while relay resets.Relay seems to be under dash but not in fuse panel

noahz

92 F250 idi
Reaction score
this happened to mine. the problem was that i was turning the key too far somehow. try starting it and if your gauges and radio dont work, try slightly turning the key back. but not enough to turn your truck off..

bjohnson

Reaction score
this happened to mine. the problem was that i was turning the key too far somehow. try starting it and if your gauges and radio dont work, try slightly turning the key back. but not enough to turn your truck off..

Well I don't even have to start.Just turn the key to on.Been unplugging to hunt the short Found one place where I can send dash to be checked for $35 which is a good price.Just hoping to find the problem fist are make sure it's in dash circuit board.Thanks to everybody for the help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JFMac

Members online

No members online now.