dana 60 drw front end

donutman07

Reaction score
hello i have a 1992 f350 with a 7.3 and zf5 it is currently a dually truck i am converting it to a single wheel truck and i want to keep the dana 60 kingpin front axle that is in it. i was wondering if anybody know what all need to be changed on the front axle to convert it to srw? i will also be changing the gears from the 4.10's that are currently in there to 3.55s

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
hello i have a 1992 f350 with a 7.3 and zf5 it is currently a dually truck i am converting it to a single wheel truck and i want to keep the dana 60 kingpin front axle that is in it. i was wondering if anybody know what all need to be changed on the front axle to convert it to srw? i will also be changing the gears from the 4.10's that are currently in there to 3.55s
The only difference between a DRW front axle and an SRW front axle is the hub. You can find a SRW Dana 60 front hub, or IIRC a Dana 50 front hub will also work...then, it's just like a wheel bearing/rotor job except you put the new hub on instead of putting the old one on.

The DRW front hub is basically a SRW front hub with a spacer bolted where the lug studs would originally be, to allow for a DRW offset wheel. I don't know if you could just unbolt the spacer and put lugs in its place, but it might be worth looking at. The axle is otherwise identical.

BTW, I would strongly recommend against scrapping the DRW front hubs...they're worth something to the right person ;Sweet

Hope that helps...good luck, and welcome aboard! ;Sweet

donutman07

Reaction score
i will keep the hubs i was just curious about switching them because it sound like if im doing a gear swap that would be the time to do them because they would be moved out to change gears anyways. is there a certain spot on here that i should post that i will have dually dana 60 wheel hubs for sale? and also do you know of a good place or know what i'd need to buy to switch to 3.55 gears? i havent found much for those gears and most that i have found are for a lp axle and it appears that i have a hp dana 60. Should i save the gears too when i change them to 3.55's?

Leeland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

If your hubs look like mine there's no choice but to swap hubs. Happen to be doing the opposite.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance