Custom switches

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I could get some Custom Switch ID plates made up?As you know,Putting a 10+ switch panel in the Enterprise and want each switch identified for what it does.Maybe anodized label with the Function etched into the face?

Freight_Train

Reaction score
towcat said:
I use TST products for my custom builds. check in www.awdirect.com and take a look around.

I'm not a big fan of Rocker switches.I like the old school look of Toggles.Lots of big chrome Round toggle switches(none of those duck bill jobbers either).Thought about Bomb safetys(the kids call it NOS switches now days) but they are expensive now that all the kiddies are using them in their Rice Rockets.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hear you on the "classic" look and feel of the toggle switches. Problem is the rockers are "practical" in two areas. One, they don't hurt as bad when you hit them. Two, the TST products have a circuit breaker built in and that leaves me a ton of peace of mind when the vehicles are getting the stuffing beat out of them. There's a trucker's chrome shop next to the flying j in phoenix, AZ that I looked in at back in July when I was making my commute back to CA. they undoubtedly have what you are looking for there. To give you an idea....there was a dozen different LED 194 type bulbs for sale. different brightness intensity and flash pattern. Enough chrome to cover your entire rig,etc, etc....i'll need to find their business card. the website is not informative or impressive....you just gotta go there. will post morrow.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just about any sign company that makes desk plaques or cubical markers can probably whip you up something in black plastic with white letters. Just have them cut the plastic to size and drill a hole in it for your toggles. I'm with Calvin though. Rockers are better in my view. Harder to mount, but easier to feel in the dark on a bumpy road.

Freight_Train

Reaction score
Agnem said:
Just about any sign company that makes desk plaques or cubical markers can probably whip you up something in black plastic with white letters. Just have them cut the plastic to size and drill a hole in it for your toggles. I'm with Calvin though. Rockers are better in my view. Harder to mount, but easier to feel in the dark on a bumpy road.

I am mounting them over head just left of the overhead center console and gonna have indicator lights(LEDs) for each switch to show on or off.So finding finding them ain't gonna be a problem......I hope.

Reaction score
FreightTrain,

I'm a little partial to the LED illuminated push button operators. They are a little larger than a switch but you don't need additional real estate for the pilot light. Here is a link if you're interested. . Your local distributor will be able to get you custom nameplates. You should be able to find your local distributor on the sight.

Paul