cummins

chrisgrant91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wrong section i know... but i know i can get a fast reply on here... is it remotely possible for and 01 cummins 4x4 ext cab short box with street tires and edge programer with an ?attitude with juice? chip and stage 5 injectors with 4 inch exhaust to break the tires loose on concrete doing 70? seems like a bunch of crap to me

ghunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well...Not sure about 70, but my brother's '02 Ram (4x4, ext cab, short box, 6 speed, intake, 4" exhaust, 5 pos chip) would get plenty squirrely in 3rd gear if he had the chip set on 5 and got on it!

Fordsandguns

Fords Rule
Reaction score
I don't know about doing it at 70, but it should get it pretty good at lower speeds. But I wouldn't let it get to you too much. Just think of all the repair bills he has to put up with if he does it on a regular basis! If it is a DD and not just a play toy he is throwing his drive train reliability out the window if he does that a lot IMO. Especially if it will at do it at 70. That is a lot of power to put down that hard regularly.

Cat_Rebel

Does not compute
Reaction score
With bald tires & a wet road sure. Twin turbo Cummins with injectors & other work can bust em loose at 70, you said it has injectors does it have a large single or twin turbos as well?

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
As posted above... The surface AND tire size means plenty. Years ago in high school some guy put a 454 in a mini cooper but kept the stock tires and wheels on it. He drove from the back seat area because the motor was so big for the tiny car.... Sure... He could breakem loose at any speed too... And did all the friggen time... What a site to see... Those tiny little tires spinning faster than you could se... And smoke.. The streets were smelly for what felt like days after he lit them up.... One would almost expect to see a curcus clown come out of the car when he stopped....LOL

tractorman86

Reaction score
get him to put a set of nobby 35-37's on there and just laugh when he tries it again and slings his driveline through his bed.:D

chrisgrant91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well i have money that it wont do it... didnt say anything bout turbo...just what i mentioned...and if it has more then that then its off... but even still...i dont think there is any friggin way... dry concrete...but i guess it does have fairly bald street tires...stock
but still...

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like its time to put up or shut up... :D

chrisgrant91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the worst part is its a bet with a friend about his friends truck... i called his bs and he didnt really know what to do infront of the group of people... yes this truck is a daily driver

flatlander

plays dirty when losing
Reaction score
The question is are you willing to ride in this guy's truck at 70 while he's breaking them loose?