cummins

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
thats pretty questionable got a friend with an 03 cummins dually automatic- hypertech programmer, 150 horse chip and beefed up tranny that will spin them all the way to 30 mph if he gets on it but at 70 mph???? let us know

The comments about the driveline are hilarious because i had a friend with a completely worked over psd- turbo, injectors, intake, more chips than lays i swear.haha but he had a 12 in lift and 44 in swampers and thought it was absolutely hilarious to lock it in 4 lo and smoke those swampers on a wet road till one day he did it and you heard two loud bangs right in a row and oil started runnig out the bottom of the engine. He slung both driveshafts, smoked the tranny and put a hole in the oil pan from one of the front u joints flyin

chrisgrant91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
haha yeah...i have a 72 power wagon with a built 360...went to show off for a bunch of girls once....therse a dent in the bottom of my box :)

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
yeah sometimes you got to be careful i like to show off just as much as any 18 year old but man it gets expensive if you aren't careful.

my first set of tires should have had about 20,000 left on them when i got the truck well needless to say the back lasted about 8,000 the front lasted 18,000 because they stayed on the front

what can i say if the loud ass straight pipe dont make em look then the tires burnin will hahaha

but i do have to say that i have yet to burn my new 285s but twice and those two times were about first gear with no braking to increase the burn because MY $360 went into them

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
better make sure your brakes are in good working order, you may end up stopping like there ain't no tomorrow if he loses a part of his driveline, or puts the truck sideways... safer to drive in front of him, and have a passenger take a video or something.

tractorman86

Reaction score
yup, 79' 1 ton ford with a healthy 460 and SHORT cherry bomb exh made a set of michelins go away reeeeeeaaaalll fast, it was a lot of fun though!!!:DLOL

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
All this talk about showing off and tearing up vehicles brings back memories from way back when I was working in a machine shop out in California. We'd have these rich guys come in and drop 5-8 grand for a custom big block cheby for their speed boat and they'd drop it in one of those real shallow drafting ski boats wit a set of dual quads with velocity stacks cookoo, then they'd go out and start making high speed passes in front of the pretty girls on the shore and eventually, they would just HAVE to pull a power slide stop ...and every time the wake would wash up into those velocity stacks while the engine was still revving pretty hard and BOOM follow the flying pistons.
Monday morning they'd be in ordering another engine for another 5-8 grand, a week or so later theyd be at it again, but never fear, come Monday morning, they'd be back again ordering another one. ( and you couldn't tell these guys that a stock block 454 would make their boat go as fast as they want it to and save them a ton of cash if they were just going to blow them up every week anyway, they were rich, they HAD to have custom cut pistons, 5 angle valve job, etc etc etc) Gotta love having a steady supply of customers with more money than brains :rotflmao

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
I would say that he should be able to do it at around 40ish mph but 70 - I need to see that to believe it. I know how my buddies 99 runs with it turned up a bit and I find it highly unbelievable that it could happen at 70. I know that mine will break 'em loose at 40 on dry pavement and 50 if the pavement is wet but even then it's not roll smoke kind of break loose it's more of a spin for a truck length kind of thing... Just enough for me to feel the back end start to skidder sideways.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bradz

Members online