Cummins Road Relay

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, It's called the Powertrain Control Module or PCM for short. Every powerstroke from '94 and up has had it.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
actually it does not control much - it's more of an information display. It tells you when things need to be done (maintenance wise) it's not a PCM or ECM - this is an add on piece. The company that I used to work for that closed down made these. They are now made in either Mexico, China or Poland - I can't remember which plant they shipping the production off to...

kenkillsr

Ken Kill Sr.
Reaction score
"Actually it does not control much"
I knew that.

"It's more of an information display."
For driver while rolling? {similar to ScanGage}??
Or for service tech.???
Or both????

"It tells you when things need to be done (maintenance wise)"
We can all use a reminder.

If the entire drivetrain is interconnected by computers we [owners/drivers] should be able to read all relevant information pertaining to operation without the need for installing additional sensors.

If I read the literature correctly the Road Relay does that.
Is it Powerstroke compatible?????

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
to plug right into it - No. Because each manufacturer will use their own communications format. So you shouldn't be able to plug one module into one brand of truck and then directly into another - they want to keep that down to a min.

Now you might be able to adapt one to a PSD if you can figure out the signals and calls from your existing PCM so that the two can share information. Anything can be done it's just a matter how much you want to put into it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance