cummins 12v exhaust manifolds

Radcam

Reaction score
This is my truck with a stock 12v manifold flipped over. I could have run it in the stock position, but I want to do twins in the future so I decided I would start off this way. Also if I ever want to go with one of those high dollar three piece manifolds every thing should fit without any hassle.
You must be registered for see images attach

The turbo exhaust housing clears the heater box either way, and like FordCummins said a little Cool-It insulation and you're good to go. I also chose to wrap the turbo exhaust housing as well as the downpipe.

GoodB0Y

Reaction score
This is my truck with a stock 12v manifold flipped over. I could have run it in the stock position, but I want to do twins in the future so I decided I would start off this way. Also if I ever want to go with one of those high dollar three piece manifolds every thing should fit without any hassle.

The turbo exhaust housing clears the heater box either way, and like FordCummins said a little Cool-It insulation and you're good to go. I also chose to wrap the turbo exhaust housing as well as the downpipe.

is that a wastegated turbo Radcam?... looks like it

P.S..... nicw lookin install!

ncovey

Diesel Poor
Reaction score
Radcam, where did you get your turbo blanket? Is that a cool-it product too?
I am wanting to put a couple on mine, to keep the heat out, and protect the hood from heat too.
You must be registered for see images attach

Has anyone tried there clamp on heat shields? I thought about it to protect my intercooler pipe from the S400.

Radcam

Reaction score
GoodBOY it is a wastegated turbo, but it is not a stock Dodge actuator, and to tell you the truth I can't even remember what it came off of.

ncovey the turbo blanket I got from JEGS. It comes from a company called Thermo Tec. It wasn't cheap and the turbo has to be off the vehicle to properly wrap it, but if you take your time and do it like the instructions say it comes out looking real sharp.

ncovey

Diesel Poor
Reaction score
ncovey the turbo blanket I got from JEGS. It comes from a company called Thermo Tec. It wasn't cheap and the turbo has to be off the vehicle to properly wrap it, but if you take your time and do it like the instructions say it comes out looking real sharp.

Thanks!

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
anyone know what years the 12v had the turbo flange at a 90 degree angle to the exhaust flange?...most seem to come out at a 45 or less... and can you flip one around?

Thanxs,
Corey

The 45* exit manifolds are Dodge-specific.

The 6B Cummins manifolds and even the oil-pans can be flipped.
:)

farmtech ford

farmtech ford
Reaction score
they were on buses and in box trucks, i had 3 of them now only 2. one out of a F600 and the other out of a bus and one laying around i still have two laying in the garage. they are hard to find i sold the one on craigslist and people were calling me on christmas eve about buying it. they also sound very unique because the outlet isnt in the center