cummins 12v exhaust manifolds

GoodB0Y

Reaction score
anyone know what years the 12v had the turbo flange at a 90 degree angle to the exhaust flange?...most seem to come out at a 45 or less... and can you flip one around?

Thanxs,
Corey

MMeier

Reaction score
Don't ever recall seeing one off a truck that had a 90* angle. A buddy once had a Freightliner (Spartan) chassis MH that had one at a 90*, but if I recall it also exited further to the rear.

ncovey

Diesel Poor
Reaction score
Are you referring to one like this?
You must be registered for see images attach
If you are, as far as I know these never came in a dodge truck. Commonrails have one like this, but the ports are round, not square. In order to get one like this, you will have to go to a medium duty truck. Yes, you can flip them around, as this is what I done to mine.-Nicholas

GoodB0Y

Reaction score
Nicholas!!!

Dude that's exactly what I'm looking for!... and thanxs for the pict. I'm planing a swap into my ford and I went last weekend to look at a F350 that I guy had swaped a cummins into and it had that same manifold but he didn't know what the manifold came off of and had no idea how I would fine one... It seems like the best manifold to use for a ford swap as I've seen others that get really close to the ac/heater box. I'm hoping to find a used manifold as I've been told that there like 700 bucks from cummins... Do ya have any idea what h/d trucks those came off of?... maybe a bus? any thoughts would be apreciated.

Thanxs,
Corey

ncovey

Diesel Poor
Reaction score
The manifold came off of a core motor I had bought from a machine shop, and the guy said it came out of an F650.

ncovey

Diesel Poor
Reaction score
I will tell you too, with this manifold you won't be able to use the hx-35 as is. In that position it will hit the injector lines, and the wastegate actuator will hit the hood.

GoodB0Y

Reaction score
I will tell you too, with this manifold you won't be able to use the hx-35 as is. In that position it will hit the injector lines, and the wastegate actuator will hit the hood.

I'm just getting familiar with the cummins motor ( I'll be happy when the 7.3 is gone!) and I'm not too sure but I think the hx-35 is the stock turbo, correct? and do ya think it would fit if the turbo flange was fliped down? and what about a truck with a body lift, would a 2'' help at all?

ncovey

Diesel Poor
Reaction score
Yes, the hx35 should be the stock turbo, and a body lift should help. I can't remember exactly, but I think the turbo would bolt would bolt up with the manifold with it pointed down. The main thing I remember is it seemed like you might have to make up a funky down pipe to clear the bellhousing. It may be ok for 3 or 4 inch pipe, but I was using 5 inch pipe, so that may be what I am thinking of.

vail54

Reaction score
If your still looking for that manifold I bought one for my conversion from fordcummins cost was I think 300 to my door (s&h included) new. I talked to Ryan there very helpful. I "aimed" mine down so the exhaust would be easier to run and to keep the heat away from the a/c heat box. Hope this helps.

GoodB0Y

Reaction score
If your still looking for that manifold I bought one for my conversion from fordcummins cost was I think 300 to my door (s&h included) new. I talked to Ryan there very helpful. I "aimed" mine down so the exhaust would be easier to run and to keep the heat away from the a/c heat box. Hope this helps.

hey vail thats real helpfull... I've seen them advertise a manifold for the swap but didn't know what it was they were selling... and thats a reasonable price... hows the swap going?

FordCummins

Reaction score
$28 for a package of Cool-It insulation and my 92 f350 with 96 Cummins tuned to 260 RWHP has not been a problem with the turbo sitting very close to the AC box.

GoodB0Y

Reaction score

and if you dont mind me askin what turbo are you using? is it wastgated?

Thanxs,
Corey

vail54

Reaction score
Sorry for not answering sooner I have been finishing up it was suggested that the waste gate be closed (not able to open). I have been told as long as the boost stays below 35 psi everything will be ok? Have almost 200 miles empty on it now and only saw about 19psi so far. The stock waste gate linkage gets to close to the block with this manifold to leave it on so I am tring this but with caution. I have full gauge set up and so far so good. Not sure of the turbo stock or not I pulled it from a truck that I was told and "badges" on the tail gate said it has a Banks upgrade? Sorry for the long post just tring to let you know what I did. I have not got a lot of experience with the cummins only the 7.3 still learning thanks to this site.

GoodB0Y

Reaction score
so you figure there's no way to get the wastegate to work with the turbo down... and ncovey says it dont work facing up... maybe this isn't a good manifold for me to use... or do ya think you could mod it to work? I dont have an engine yet ( going to look at some core engine's soon) so I can't really visualize it.... or maybe I dont really need a waste gate as I'm going to most likely start off with a core and build it up with studs and other good stuff... I'm going to look into this a bit more.

From what I know you should be ok at 30-35 psi but don't take my word for it cause like you I'm just learning, lol. let us know how things work out for ya and congrats on the swap:thumbsup:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JFMac

Members online