Cruise control install

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pin 3 is your vehicle speed input. You won't get anything on that I suspect till you are driving down the road. You did hook it to the grey/black vss wire from the PSOM module?

Daniel McCurdy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I lifted the truck off the ground and got it up to 30mph to test it and got no voltage at the pins on the connector. I hooked the volt meter to pin 3 and 10.

Last edited:

Daniel McCurdy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I hooked pin 7 and 9 together and now have power to pins 9 and 10 but cruise control still doesn't work

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I lifted the truck off the ground and got it up to 30mph to test it and got no voltage at the pins on the connector. I hooked the volt meter to pin 3 and 10.

What voltage should you get on pin 3? Is it a A/C voltage or a chopped up DC voltage? I don't know myself. It won't be pure DC I do know that. I think the PSOM module converts the speed sensor signal to another type of signal and that is what the speed control, ABS, and ECM use for their purposes.

Daniel McCurdy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
  • There is a cruise control diagnostic forum on here I was using to test everything. All the cruise control stuff really only goes in one way you can't really mess it up.

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never did a factory retro fit before on the cruise in these trucks. So you are saying it just plugged into the harness?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online