Crown vic blower motor

jcarr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I read in a forum, i think here, that we could change out our stock blower motor for one from a crown vic. i went to the autozone to get a motor and the 92 CV motor was alot different from the 92 F350 motor, not the same mounting.-cuss

if this is possible which year model CV blower fits the F350

jcarr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Russ I'll check that year out.

How's your orders coming are ya caught up yet. Need to order return line kit but can wait if your still playing catch up.

jcarr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looks like the 96-97 year models use the exact same blower motor. i wonder if the blower resistor is what i should be looking at?

NJKen

is a daddy!
Reaction score
Chances are if they interchange they are the same part. So why not order one that fits your truck? Maybee a stupid question as I am out of the IDI loop a little and the OBS loop. Aftermarket is cheap and competitive though and will consolidate parts when they can.
Ken

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Chances are if they interchange they are the same part. So why not order one that fits your truck? Maybee a stupid question as I am out of the IDI loop a little and the OBS loop. Aftermarket is cheap and competitive though and will consolidate parts when they can.
Ken

Sometimes ford made blowers for some of their higher end cars that put out more CFM air flow but fit in the same size hole, but were not standard interchange parts. I ran into that with a mercury station wagon that the factory blower wasn't worth a flip and so I went through the boneyard till I found a Lincoln with a blower with the same mounting pattern and that thing would circulate plenty of air through the whole car.

NJKen

is a daddy!
Reaction score
Sometimes ford made blowers for some of their higher end cars that put out more CFM air flow but fit in the same size hole, but were not standard interchange parts. I ran into that with a mercury station wagon that the factory blower wasn't worth a flip and so I went through the boneyard till I found a Lincoln with a blower with the same mounting pattern and that thing would circulate plenty of air through the whole car.

Gotcha.

The aftermarket will most likely consolidate these parts since they interchange. I worked for GPC (the parent company of NAPA) for a couple years and know this for fact. If salvaging parts though you are most likely rite.
Ken

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks Russ I'll check that year out.

How's your orders coming are ya caught up yet. Need to order return line kit but can wait if your still playing catch up.

I have an early and late on hand. My back is still messed up but getting better every day.;Sweet

jcarr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ken

Ken the idea is that a crown vic blower moves more air than a f-series blower. The problem is I'm having trouble finding a blower from a CV that mounts the same as a f-series and have began to wonder if a CV blower resistor has less resistance than an f-series resistor. The jury is still out and I'm still researching different yrs and blowers and starting to look at the resistors.

maddenji

Reaction score
When the fan is on "high", the resistor pack is not in the circuit. It only affects the lower settings. It would be nice to find a higher CFM blower though.
Jim

NJKen

is a daddy!
Reaction score
Ken the idea is that a crown vic blower moves more air than a f-series blower. The problem is I'm having trouble finding a blower from a CV that mounts the same as a f-series and have began to wonder if a CV blower resistor has less resistance than an f-series resistor. The jury is still out and I'm still researching different yrs and blowers and starting to look at the resistors.

That is a distinct possibility but high speed would be the same on both since high is direct to battery voltage.

Ken

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
That is a distinct possibility but high speed would be the same on both since high is direct to battery voltage.

Ken
HAs nothing to do withthe resistor. On some of the finer cars they just put stouter blower motors on the same footprint as the mounting pattern that fits lesser vehicles.