cringing knock

19jackal90

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i gotta question on this. i have jus recenty gotten a 94 idi turbo dsl and know it has a bad knock but dont quite kno whats causeing it. could an extremely bad injector cause this? or is it most likely a rod?

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Does it knock hardest at part throttle when taking off?

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
You could try getting about 3 cans of Diesel Purge and running that through.It doesn't go in the tank, you have to make up a little rig and it goes straight into the pump and the return line goes back to your rig so you are burning near straight cleaner, but that stuff does wonders. if it doesn't take care of the problem, it's time for new injectors

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
but its as loud as a rod smacking the bottom of the piston?

A slobbering injector on a diesel will make a sound just like a rod about to come out the side of the block on a gas burner. It'll scare the heck out of you the first time you run into it.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I feel its an injector too. How old are the injectors in the motor... If they are painted grey they are the original ones... Replace them with a BB code set but... Read who to not buy from in the Hall of Shame in the above articles. We have some members that sell these and at a very good price. You probably are running the G codes... They were designed for the turbo motors but... They actually are an emmissions injector... I ran several sets of them and they are terrible. I run the BB code injectors from typ4 here... I love them.... Lots of power and fuel economy...;Sweet

6.5dieselman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not necessarily.
white smoke from a diesel is unburnt fuel. take a whiff of that stuff and it will put you on your knees and bring tears to your eyes.

why do you say that, i sit by my exhaust everytime i run my truck to smell that beautiful arroma;Sweet

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
why do you say that, i sit by my exhaust everytime i run my truck to smell that beautiful arroma;Sweet

Proper diesel exhaust does smell great. However, the raw stuff that Towcat is mentioning, really is wicked. Get yourself in a confined space with that kind of exhaust, and your eyes will be killing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online