Crazy injectors!!

cliff-1972

Reaction score
andrew,I don't think 25cm is that big,compared to some that have twins.I have seen as big as 32 cm on one.There is a desent selection of turbines for the HX 55 so if the 25 cm is to big I can chose another.I really wanted a HX 60 but have had trouble finding one.

Bean

Reaction score
The 25 will work good. Mine is a 27 and work really good.

Now the real trick is to find a smaller housing for the H2 and put a wastegate before it so the excess back pressure from the small housing will bypass on the high end and go to the 55. Personnaly I think you should ditch the 55 and go with a 3B, it will flow more air. The 55 isnt big enough to stage witha H2 I dont think. You need a really big secondary since the H2 flows so much. An even better secondary is a 4B. Talk to DZLJM, he might be able to find ya a 4B for like 120.00.

andrew

Reaction score
Originally posted by cliff-1972
andrew,I don't think 25cm is that big,compared to some that have twins.I have seen as big as 32 cm on one.There is a desent selection of turbines for the HX 55 so if the 25 cm is to big I can chose another.I really wanted a HX 60 but have had trouble finding one.

Cool beans man, I was just wondering. I know of a 14cm housing for the 55, and there are others, just not quite THAT small. i think the 55 is a GREAT turbo, and think you'll be extreamly happy with it!! :)

J.R. Adkins

Reaction score
Originally posted by cliff-1972

Cliff,
Put that 55 on there and run it as a single;) I have hx60w if you are interested.

Originally posted by Andrew

cliff,
why such a huge housing on the exhaust of that 55?

Gotta have the flow man.......:D

cliff-1972

Reaction score
Bean,I'll send DZLJM a PM on the 4B and see what he can do.
I talked to Ken at DPS and he said the HX 55 would be good and flowed liked the HT3b:confused: I had one before but sold it because I was told it would not work.

J.R.,I am interested in the HX 60 send me a PM on how much you want for it.Oh,an yes I have thought about using it as a single :D Just not with stock head gaskets;)

Battering Ram

Reaction score
!!!REWARD!!! LOST TURBO

If anyone finds this turbo please return to J.R. Adkins!
We do not believe it left earths atmosphere, here is the last known picture:

You must be registered for see images

J.R. Adkins

Reaction score
Thats funny Battering Bum:moon::thanks:. I had that one spooling so fast it just up and left the truck.LOL

andrew

Reaction score
Originally posted by Battering Ram
!!!REWARD!!! LOST TURBO

If anyone finds this turbo please return to J.R. Adkins!
We do not believe it left earths atmosphere, here is the last known picture:

You must be registered for see images

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

Powerstroke2000

Keep the rubber side down
Reaction score
Well, it looks like I'm the only one with the best of both worlds...in having Mini-Me's, all fixed up by SWAMP! :Thumbs Up

Like most, I'm unable to give any numbers yet, as I've done things somewhat backwards, in adding the injectors before tranny updates, turbo or fuel system, but will be working on those in coming months.
So, my MM's are now 250cc's...and of course have the 530 parts.

Those that don't already know, should realize that Industrial (who makes the MM's for David) doesn't necessarily do a complete check of the armature plate gap/clearance (where my problem was) which is a critical part of an injector working properly.
In doing my research on how to get this corrected, I found the only one in the country who does fix this correctly (tear down the injector and mill a portion off the top of the body) is SWAMPs!

Everyone else...including Industrial, will only try to "shim" the armature to the correct tolerance, and not actually tear it down and mill the injector to spec.

So, when buying MM's...my advice would be to pay the extra, and buy the brand new Alliant Mini-Me's if that's the way you choose to go.
Personally, I believe we will soon see the F*Me Swamp injectors starting to find some Dyno times, and the results will be equal to the MM's in my opinion.

There is on fellow on TDS, who will soon have the results (Jat99) of testing both the MM's and the F*Me's in the same truck..with the same mods. Should be an interesting result. I believe he had a fuel system problem he is clearing up this week?

As for now, I'm trying to figure out my opinions on tranny mods! BTS, Monster Box from Dieselsite.com or even perhaps just the "Monster in a Box" being the internals needed to build up my current tranny?
A couple of us have done the math on a BTS, and it would work out close to $5K by the time all was said and done here in western Canada, so that makes it tough to jump right in and do.

For now, there certainly is a difference in fuel already with these injectors, as it doesn't take much pressure on the throttle to make my truck jump up and take charge in a hurry. :rock
A ways to go yet, but I'm just hoping to get close to what many of you fellows have already. Makes it fun just trying anyway!
:D

Dale

house

Reaction score
When I get injectors ill be getting the Hugh Jazz form Ken at DPS a friends truck has them and a H2 and put down 444hp and 904 ftlbs

morepower02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
House I put down 476 with the Minni-Me's. We could not figure out why the boost was low till after "I got home and seen that the map line was loose:mad: Need to dyno again for the magic 500 #:D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7