Crazy injectors!!

Bean

Reaction score
Originally posted by Thuglike
The MM530's are a no BS, keep your cc #'s, Tire smokin', ass kickn', Proven 500 hp injector. The injector alone gave me a 145hp gain. They are the top rung. Whether you like it, or whether you don't, they're the best thing going today!!!!

It all has to do with oil Thug. The MM's work really wel cause they do not stress out the hpop. Swamp can make the same injector as the mm 530 all day long, nothin to it. Its just a 160 cc injector with 530 plunger and barrels, thats it. Last time I was in there there were at least 6 sets of fmes to be built and go out, I think the 530 parts were back ordered.

Now if you wanna make the real hp, beyond the mm530, you will HAVE to get more fuel. But thats where the hpop comes into play cause anything over the 240cc mm will tax the hpop too much and will lose pressure and lose power because of poor atomization. Golfer put down 460 with 355's, he probably would have done better with the 250 hybrids. He then put on the new hpop and in 3 days blew his hg on fuel alone, had to be over 500 on that one. He never made it to the dyno since he pop the hg.

The key to BIG hp is the oil. :fight:

Jethro6213

Reaction score
Bean, are you going to get one of Swamps HPOP's?
I would like to see what kind of boost you could make with one of his HPOP's and a set of 315 or 395 injectors.

Thuglike

Reaction score
I agree 100%...to go much further the HPOP will need an upgrade. Which is on it's way. These are pretty exciting times for the powerstroke pack. In a few months there will be rigs throwin' 600-650 to the wheels...maybe more.

rommel

Reaction score
What I don't really understand and maybe I don't know enough about injectors but if DI's MM's flow 240CCs and Swamps F*MEs flow 250CC. Shouldn't they basically put out the same HP? I think the MMs use 530 parts while the F*MEs don't but will that make much of differance? It just seems weird because to me CCs flowed should basically mean the same thing....?

tons0torque

Reaction score
They should flow near the same givin somebody uses a stock 21mm AD type piston. I'm not sure if Swamp is modifing them or not. There is power in the nozzles too. Especially considering how much pressure you loose at the nozzle with a reduction in piston/plunger ratio. The ones that make the most power on the dyno would probably be the ones that atomized the fuel the best.

If you want 460 to 500 rwhp then a set of MM's or F*Me's would be the ticket. If your thinkin outside the box...............Well you know where the fuels at.:D

Bean

Reaction score
Originally posted by rommel
What I don't really understand and maybe I don't know enough about injectors but if DI's MM's flow 240CCs and Swamps F*MEs flow 250CC. Shouldn't they basically put out the same HP? I think the MMs use 530 parts while the F*MEs don't but will that make much of differance? It just seems weird because to me CCs flowed should basically mean the same thing....?

The fme's use the same 530 plunger and barrels as the MM's. Swamp my take a little extra off the instifier to give it the extra 10cc's, I dont know for sure, never asked. :smoke:

Powerstroke2000

Keep the rubber side down
Reaction score
Gregg, that is my understanding as well, that Jonathan can take you to the next level by changing the internals of the injectors. Not a biggie apparently! The cost isn't suppose to be that bad either, when moving on up.

There are many top notch injectors on the market these days for the Powerstroke, and you really can't go wrong with any of them. Decide on whom will give you the best service...and go from there is my opinion.

Dale

cliff-1972

Reaction score
Jeff,I may go with the 355's or 395's or the bad momma's:D 400+'s.It all depends on where I see my truck ending up at,drag only or street/strip.I will have the Swamp's modded HPOP in a couple of weeks.I will be installing the fuel system,3" intakes,SD HPOP,Powerfool2;) and some otherthings at that time.It will be interesting I know:D

Jethro6213

Reaction score
It sounds like your truck is going to be awesome.
I think I'm going to go with the 395's.
Are you still working on your twin set up?

cliff-1972

Reaction score
I got a turbo,a HX 55 w/25cm turbine,but the rest I am still piecing together.No,your engine is going to be awesome:D

DIESEL RACER

Certified Diesel Freak
Reaction score
Originally posted by Thuglike
In a few months there will be rigs throwin' 600-650 to the wheels...maybe more.

I will be extremely disappointed if that's all that we can make. :shocked: We're shooting for a truck that will compete with Scheid's in Muncie. :D

Ken

morepower02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by DIESEL RACER
I will be extremely disappointed if that's all that we can make. :shocked: We're shooting for a truck that will compete with Scheid's in Muncie. :D

Ken

Dang Ken, Tell us more:eek: like the details and how much are they$:love:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7