craigslist

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
Yes, well the custom chassis thing can stress a lot under there too. I know they ran a DANA 50 that likes to give out. I guess you'll have to look at the door tag to see what you have for axles, and if they are stock. Get to messing with the engineering and a lot of unforseen problems crop up. Don't mean I'm looking down on you modified chassis guys; you might be the best ones to weigh in on that.

Think you responded to the wrong post:joker:

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Wow, those are nuts...... the first one is in Crawfordsville.... wonder it.... of linkfarms or something like that knows that truck.... that is not far from him.... the second in Greenwood.... not seen that one around..... would have caught my eye with those horrible wheels... and the third one is almost in Ft. Wayne.... and has all this good stuff and flat, dull ass paint......

dakotajeep

Patrolling
Reaction score
I will take two of whatever those guys are smoking...(after I get out of the army though...kinda like having a job)

Thad

Simp5782

SNOW TACKLER!
Reaction score
Yeah when I move back east and I have to tow my 53' flatbed gooseneck down there. Ill buy whatever trucks you guys want and deliver to to that part of the country. Heck a running F350 diesel crew cab here goes for $800-$1500. I can fit 3 on the trailer :D

eatont9999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds to me like a young guy selling his hopped up rig for more than top dollar. I avoid these trucks because I think the seller is really saying "I cranked everything up and burnt it all out but it still runs and I need to ditch it before it blows." Phrases like "2 cranks" make me think *** does that mean? Two flats or two full turns? Yeah it smokes like a barn fire but if I wanted 6 MPG, I would buy a 460. Not to mention the engine problems that come with high EGTs and you can bet even if there is a EGT gauge, the PO didn't care enough to back off. That is why I prefer all stock trucks and to do my own mods the right way. It is not as easy to mess up a factory stock engine as it is to mess up one that has been turned up "two cranks." Don't even get me started on the prices.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JFMac