Couple of questions

ttman4

Last Nite's Dream..
Reaction score
Hi in the Cascades, Nearly- Redmond,Oregon
(1.) Are these EBAY glow plugs true Motorcraft ZD9 or they cheap knockoff's repackaged to look like them? Anybody know? For $54.99/ set of 8
8pcs Motorcraft ZD9 Diesel Glow Plug for Ford 7.3L F250 F350 F59 F2TZ12A342A

(2.) Every Monday morning I used to get email from OB "LAST WEEK'S MOST P:OPULAR TOPICS".....last one I got was 6-14-21.
Hummm maybe we don't got no popular topics no mo, or maybe I not popular no mo? Humm LOL

Anyway anybody got any answers?
James

ttman4

Last Nite's Dream..
Reaction score
(1.) Are these EBAY glow plugs true Motorcraft ZD9 or they cheap knockoff's repackaged to look like them? Anybody know? For $54.99/ set of 8
8pcs Motorcraft ZD9 Diesel Glow Plug for Ford 7.3L F250 F350 F59 F2TZ12A342A

James
Did anyone get a chance to check out these EBay ZD9 glowplugs? If they true Motorcraft ZD9 plugs the price not so bad.
Thanks

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
The first picture, with the bags and the plugs looks legit.

But...

Looking at the pictures of the plugs themselves, it seems like they are careful to not show the markings on the plugs themselves. A real Motorcraft plug would say BERU on it somewhere. That one picture it looks like one of the words starts with a B, but in the picture that shows the other end of the word, it doesn't look like it ends in a U.....

This is based on what I have seen in this video. FordTechMakuloco (who is a Ford Dealer Tech) discusses in this video of how to tell if it is a fake or not. I know this is for Coil Pack and Spark Plugs, but it still applies.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I don't know about yours, but the ZD1As that I bought off of Ebay a while back say Beru on them. I'm assuming that they are genuine.

ttman4

Last Nite's Dream..
Reaction score
The first picture, with the bags and the plugs looks legit.

But...

Looking at the pictures of the plugs themselves, it seems like they are careful to not show the markings on the plugs themselves. A real Motorcraft plug would say BERU on it somewhere. That one picture it looks like one of the words starts with a B, but in the picture that shows the other end of the word, it doesn't look like it ends in a U.....

This is based on what I have seen in this video. FordTechMakuloco (who is a Ford Dealer Tech) discusses in this video of how to tell if it is a fake or not. I know this is for Coil Pack and Spark Plugs, but it still applies
Scott, Thanks for the video, very informative!
And you looking at the pics......I had also. & that kinda popped out at me too. I could nearly see a B, but couldn't see a U either.
I went back & looked some more & the bags have vent holes looks like a hole puncher poked them, not sure about that part.
I also went to his store looking round, found some ZD-11 that does say "BERU Germany" on them, and those ZD-11 bags have hole puncher vent holes in them also.
And as a thought, anyone could take great pics of stuff then sell fake products using great pics.

Bottom line......Might be a good deal, but also might not!!!!
I know this, I already got one 7.3 sitting out there still in other truck with 2 broke off "Really good deal" glowplugs still in it as well as 2 more glowplugs that I spent 2 full days drilling & blowing pieces out of, trying to not pull the heads.!!!!

Oledirtypearl86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I buy mine from the local carquest as they carry motocraft and they are always genuine but I have got a few of amazon one was right the other 2 were **** and I think I spend $9 a glow plug

ttman4

Last Nite's Dream..
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Well I took a chance & BO'd for $50 a set from that EBay guy, we'll see. May be a while before I use them tho.
They got here today. They are in a small plastic bag inside a Motorcraft bag that looks pretty good. I'm going to do some more checking tomorrow tho.

The Bags have the numbers printed etc, etc as well as a Date of 01Sept2020

Opened 3 of the bags. The glow plugs have BERU, then GERMANY, then 68M embossed, not printed, on them. Then next line says 0 100 271 101 10.5V

The_Josh_Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That hole punched in the lower left corner is actually a mark of authenticity as well, the clones don't do that according to the video @snicklas posted. Did you scan the QR code with your phone?

ttman4

Last Nite's Dream..
Reaction score
Did you scan the QR code with your phone?
Well my son helped show me how to scan the QR Code. We never could get it to scan on my or his phone. However several other things around the house we couldn't read the QR Code on either.
So I don't know, I'll just have to try them or ck things more. Be while before I try to use them.

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Epay
Paypal
AND
Google...
be the devil...
So I vote bacon!

Latest posts

Forum statistics