Core Supports and Welding

jhenegh

Truck Still Earns its Keep
Reaction score
Is there any reason one who is handy with a welder couldn't cut out and replace the rusted mounting area of a diesel core support with that of a gas truck? It is my understanding that the main difference is the radiator itself. Mine is rusted mainly at the mounts/fenderwell area, so I'm thinking if I can find a good gas one (since diesel ones are either gold or non-existent) I could make the two into a good core support again?

Yes or no?

thanks

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ya thats how mines done, but the big loop is diesel specific. the part that hangs down under the rad is diesel specific everything else is interchangeable.

FarmerFrank

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd cut and weld one and not think twice about it if I had the time parts and welder handy.

I'm cheap like that.

Farmall Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After my wreck we had to piece together a support from multiple gas and diesel trucks so that it looked like a brand new one...took lots of welding and time lol

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you dig around here, there is a how-to thread somewhere where someone took a new gas support and put a good diesel hoop on the bottome of it. I can't come up with a screen name but it was a blue truck if memory serves. Could have been Dsl Dog Treat (he's a mod here) but I'm not sure.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Take a look at the NightMoose build thread. (Not sure if the pics will still be in it thanks to photobucket). But the NightMoose is built on a 94 F-150 Stepside Chassis. Mel and Methias grafted diesel loop onto the F-150 gas core support. It can be done... just takes time and work.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online

No members online now.